Win FS couldn't make it on time, but don't worry, SUSE can

Thread: Win FS couldn't make it on time, but don't worry, SUSE can

Win FS couldn't make it on time, but don't worry, SUSE can

The Search features that were going to be in Win FS with Longhorn were pulled out because it was to much of a hassle to get Longhorn out in time with these new searching features in the new Windows, but never fear SUSE is here:

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/lin...9190538,00.htm

"For the first time anywhere SUSE Linux Pro includes Beagle, the innovative open source desktop search tool that can access everything on your desktop," Novell said in a statement.

SuSE Linux Professional 9.3 will include Beagle, an open source desktop search tool that makes it easier for users to find various types of files, including documents, emails, IM conversations and code. Novell claims to be the first Linux provider to have packaged Beagle into its desktop application.
    The application also includes automatic recognition and support for Apple iPod and the current version of the GNOME desktop.

Novell's current Linux desktop, SuSE Linux Professional 9.2, was released in October last year and included support for 64-bit processors and Bluetooth.
    I wouldn't think of using anything less but the very best.

Oh in other News SCO is screwing up again, as I have read apparently they can't do basic accounting. What a sham.... I mean, Shame.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    and what is wrong with Google's desktop search? I works just fine... on Windows, does it work on *nix? I dunno.... but if it does what benefit does Beagle give you?

Gore, your rabid attempts to force SUSE on people are beginning to worry me. SUSE is an OS that is suitable for certain situations. Windows is an OS that is suitable for certain situations. BEOS is an OS that is suitable for certain situations.... ad infinitum.

You used to be someone who explored the differences and reported them here, which was good. For the last couple of months your only contribution has been to push SUSE and try to show it's "superiority".

Seriously, in today's climate, you will spend a long time getting a job in the mainstream with your blind devotion to SUSE. When you get that job you will be stuck in it... just like I am "stuck" as a Windows admin.... But I'm in the mainstream... You aren't.

While I applaud your knowledge and devotion to SUSE please remember where the jobs, which we all so desperately need, are....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Don't worry, if my Dr is correct I'll be out of your hair in two years anyway.... Won't need to look for a job, I'll be dead. Why do you think I've been bitchy the last.... Well, the last couple weeks.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Whassup?

Serious question....

PM me if you don't want to go public.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

PM on the way, I don't want people giving me sympathy because of this.

Elite Hacker
    If that's the case, I don't blame you for using something you love, not that I would in any other case. Cheers gore.

And I thought it was because you weren't gettin' none. Did the doc say you masterbate too much? (humor helps no?)

West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.