Getting around reciept confirmation

Thread: Getting around reciept confirmation

Getting around reciept confirmation

Ok - - - let me pose a question ......

I have recieved an email in my outlook express account that is 'POP'ed to from another account ...

It is marked that the sender wants a response that confirms I have read it ... I'm not sure if I want them to know that I have bothered to open it ....

Any suggestions as to how I read this email without letting on that I have read it???
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily

Sure,

<Tools>
    <Options>
    <Receipts>
    <Returning Read Receipts>

There are three options

1. Never send a receipt
    2. You decide
    3. Always send them

If you are really paranoid, just download it and read it off line then check your waiting to be sent sent messages folder.

Cheers mate,

I just checked it and I had it on 'notify me' (obviously) but, because it was from a completely mistrusted source I didn't even want to click on it once and take the chance - so if a read reciept is requested the mail can still be read without sending the reciept, I honestly must have had my head up my proverbial butt ......... funny what paranoia and the desire to be careful will do to you - lol
    "In most gardens they make the beds too soft - so that the flowers are always asleep" - Tiger Lily