Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone number reverse lookup

Cell phone number reverse lookup

Hi all,
    This isn't the sort of thing I usually do, but I'm trying to find out a name to attach to a cell phone number.

About a year ago, my roomate was being "stalked" by someone in the UK. I'm using the term stalked very loosely, as it wasn't much more than annoying and a little creepy. This dropped off for a while, but over the past couple of days she's been recieving text messages from a cell phone in the UK hinting at the fact that this person knew her and "loved her with all of his heart".

I'm trying to find a way to do a reverse lookup on the cell phone number to see if it matches any of the information we have on the last guy.

Really, it could be anyone, as my roomate's phone number is on her website along with her resume and portfolio. It's just a bit convenient that both instances origionated in the UK and they are so close to one another.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Boyd

AOs Resident Troll
    Well...if you post personal info on the internet...you are gonna get this type of thing.

Maybe she should "sanitize" it a bit....like removing her cell phone #,and any other personal info. Use an email address for a contact

Personally.....I would never publically post info of that nature on the internet....shes just asking for trouble.

If the calls are threatening ...or harassing AFAIK..you can report it to the authorities and let them handle it

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi malletelf,

Don't know why you're worried about some nut who lives an ocean away...or why you want to trace the call...but being a Canadian you should know all you have to do is call AGT or whoever is your service provider and have it traced...it's a $10 charge on your bill here and you can do up to three traces a month I think.
    Or call the police, or go down to the station it's just a couple blocks from the Husky Tower, and have them do a trace for you...why ask here about phone tracing, when it's so easy to do in Canada...sorry, I don't get your real purpose for this post.

Unfortunately, I didn't know she had any of this online, or I would have made the same comments you just did.

I just thought it would be nice to know if this was the same person that was harassing her before. Maybe add a little weight to any complaints I did send out. I don't have much faith in the authorities sometimes. IMHO, they have more important things to worry about than every text message or email someone recieves.

Just the same as I wouldn't go to the clinic with a stubbed toe like so many people seem to do, I don't really feel I should go to authorities if I don't have anything to back it up.

call the number back and tell the person to **** off. I have done it a bunch of times for female friends who are being bugged by guys. or just see who their provider is and call them and complain
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

malletelf

The answer to your question is "probably not"

You see I could wander up the road and buy a "pay as you go" cellphone for around 40 bucks and they wouldn't know who I was. I just top it up and pay cash.............no record

Do you have the actual number, or does it say "private number" or something like that............if it does I am pretty sure you will not be able to trace it.

The only way you would get any sort of interest over here would be if our police approached the cellphone company. All they could really be expected to do is cancel the number?

Heh, there isn't a damn thing you can do. All the cell providers I know of only track outbound calls, not incoming. So calling your provider prolly won't do a damn thing. You can as was said, pay the 10 bux to have it traced...a waste of money really since it is free to change your number.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Originally posted here by hatebreed2000
    Heh, there isn't a damn thing you can do. All the cell providers I know of only track outbound calls, not incoming. So calling your provider prolly won't do a damn thing. You can as was said, pay the 10 bux to have it traced...a waste of money really since it is free to change your number.
    A couple of points here:

- Cellphone companies in North America do track incoming calls as they make you pay for them. How much information they keep may vary, but they definitely have a record of the duration of the call and somewhere, which they probably won't tell you, they have information about the origin of it, since they also bill the provider of the caller for termination charges.

- As for changing your number, yes, that may be free, but how many people do you then have to give your new number. Is that effort worth 10 bucks?

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

reverse lookup

I do second MLF's post. I don't think it is a nice idea to post a cell phone # in a public media. It is just like calling some bad chumps to do harassments. Anyways, check out the following link.

This is a reverse lookup utility.... worth trying...

http://www.anywho.com/rl.html

Got any clue???

Let us know...

Cheers

S.P: You will see bunch of links within the website.... try them.... you might find something interesting.....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Research

call the number back and tell the person to **** off.
    - This is way too cool XTC46, I’ve done that before, and it works. LoLz!

but over the past couple of days she's been recieving text messages from a cell phone in the UK hinting at the fact that this person knew her and "loved her with all of his heart".
    Do you have the actual number, or does it say "private number" or something like that............if it does I am pretty sure you will not be able to trace it.
    - Sir nihil, in my case, if a text message (SMS) is sent, the sender’s mobile number appears on the message. Unless the sender uses PC/Internet based SMS program (usually it is free), it may appear anonymous. Otherwise if it is a call, most probably it will show private number.

Malletelf, if you have the mobile number, try to be frank and speak to the sender. Or send some text message and tell him/her to quit doing it or you will report it to the authorities (if the sender don’t use a dispensable mobile like nihil mentioned - "pay as you go" cellphone for around 40 bucks – for sure there is some way to tell the difference here?!?).

Research more… you could PM me the number of the caller/sender and I would be glad to help you on the research thing. One more question, how many mobile numbers are being used by the caller/sender on this latest issue?

Goodluck!

Yo!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif