Announcement from the ISSA-COS chapter president:

The annual March event for the Colorado Springs, CO chapter of the ISSA -- "ISSA-COS Spring Security Conference" -- will again be held at Colorado Technical University (CTU) in Colorado Springs, CO. Among our speakers will be Phil Zimmerman (see attachment) the creator of the encryption package Pretty Good Privacy (PGP). Phil is an engaging speaker and we are very fortunate to have another fine line up of speakers – more information to come. Start time for events is 07:45 and it will feature both speakers and break out rooms with technical experts in residence!

This is the general schedule:
0745 Registration, Networking and Continental Breakfast
0815 Welcome and Opening Remarks
0830 Presentations Start
1145 Lunch
1615 Conference Ends

The is again no cost thanks to our event’s sponsors:
Symantec
Guidance Software
PGP Corporation
Citadel Security Software
TippingPoint
The registration is not yet open for the public, only for chapter members. It will open for the public soon, but seating is always limited at this event. If anyone from AO is interested, and is in or can make it to the Rocky Mountain Frontrange region, let me know. I'll be attending and providing a review of the conference. In the past they have always been excellent presentations as well as great opportunities to network with professionals. Because of Colorado Springs high federal and military presence (US Air Force Academy, Peterson Air Force Base, Ft. Carson Army Base, Schreiever Air Force Base (SAC and JNIC based here), and Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Base (NORAD...remember Wargames?) you can expect to rub elbows with a lot of federal employees or contractors. Northrupp Grumman, Lockheed-Martin, Raytheon, and many others have employees at this event, usually.

Colorado Springs is a great city (it sits right below Pikes Peak, inspiration for the song America The Beautiful and the lyric 'purple mountains majesty'). Also, CTU is near the technology business district, so there are a lot of hotels nearby if your travelling...I've gotten pretty good rates the last few times.

More info to come...