Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAC Address and Admin Rights

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I don't suppose you have a policy do you?

If so then you tell the higher ups that the policy must be applied evenly across all staff or when they _need_ to use it there is a possibility that a lawsuit will ensue where it will be proven that the policy is not equally applied to all..... In that situation your company loses.... to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution to the fired employee.... Then see what they say.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    I don't suppose you have a policy do you?

If so then you tell the higher ups that the policy must be applied evenly across all staff or when they _need_ to use it there is a possibility that a lawsuit will ensue where it will be proven that the policy is not equally applied to all..... In that situation your company loses.... to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars in restitution to the fired employee.... Then see what they say.

You know what is funny...they do have policies even for complex passwords and other such stuff...and you know it was all signed and dated long before and I am talking months to over a year (depending on the policy) before I got here. (I came on in January)

Try it then....

Point out that if they can't use the policy in this situation on a user who blatantly does everything he can to breach or circumvent the policy then it isn't worth the cost of the paper it is written on and can never be used in the future because the person you use it on may be aware of this particular user's abuse of it.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Methinks you have more power there than you think.....
    I would like to say yes to that....but from my vantage point I should say no I don't know what you are talking about.

I will say in somethings yes I do have more power ....but not this instance. It would depend on the department I am working with

Try it then....

Point out that if they can't use the policy in this situation on a user who blatantly does everything he can to breach or circumvent the policy then it isn't worth the cost of the paper it is written on and can never be used in the future because the person you use it on may be aware of this particular user's abuse of it.

What I am actually trying to get that department to do is hire someone else ot work wiht him....and take over a portion of the project he is on...filter out a couple of his steps learn more of the i guess you would call it trade or whatever....and maybe get him fired. He knows they won't do anything to him right now...he is kind of a key piece to a contract we have. Dunno...they need more of a checks and balances kind of thing where not one person but a bunch of people work on the important aspects of things. what is it called a rotation of duties? separtion of duties?

Anyway. This has become a rant. I will take a look at what you guys have said and see if one GPO is circumventing another. And go from there.

THank you all very much for your help.

Place him in a separate OU. Create a GPO and check the No Overide box... Then lock him down as you wish. That will prevent other policies from conflicting.