Beer not fattening: official
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beer not fattening: official

Beer not fattening: official

A new campaign by the British Beer and Pub Association (BBPA), as reported on the BBC, highlights the most satisfying fact that beer in reality has less calories than wine, milk or orange juice - 41, 77, 64 and 42 per cent per 100ml, respectively.

What actually causes the beer belly is the overwhelming desire to partake of an enormous kebab or plate of curry after a particularly robust session, the BBPA says. This is true, although the BBPA is not taking in account something else all beer-drinkers know: that doner kebabs combat male pattern baldness and curry increases attractiveness to the opposite sex.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03...not_fattening/
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Beer NOT fattening? Perhaps beer LESS fatenening meaning less calories than other alcoholic beverages. Even if you don't eat anything, gorging on empty carbs and then not burning those carbs is BAD. God I would kill for a Doner Kebab off the street.... mmmm.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Beer is fattening, say fat beer-swilling readers

Some of their readers didn't agree.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/11/letters_11_03/
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Banned
    Yeah, right. Lessee: Triple XXX stout (with that beautiful, foamy head) and a breadbowl of sweet cream oyster stew. What's that about 2 million calories?

Dang!

"Ain't much fun since I quite drinkin'!"

Well, I have suspected that beer was not fattening for a long time................don't worry folks, I am not about to give up my exhaustive and dilligent field trials

On a more serious note, I know of a lot of people who drink a lot and are slim and those who drink very little and have a beer gut.

When I was at college, we used to drink like fish, and no-one had a beer gut?

As you get older you live a more sedentary lifestyle and lose muscle tone: that is what gives you the gut.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Not to mention, I don't know about you guys, but I don't drink milk or orange juice as much as beer. Yeh, maybe a glass in the morning, but when you have beer, which for alot of people is every night, they drink can after can, bottle after bottle...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I think it's safe to say that if you exercise regularly that you can pretty much eat and drink whatever whenever you want...I'm with Nihil though...I used to be a bean pole until I hit the age of about 23...since then I've kinda "filled out" a bit...

When I was at college, we used to drink like fish, and no-one had a beer gut?
    As you get older you have more people on your back. The increases weight causes you to become shorter. All the excess has to go somewhere so it becomes a beer belly.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Whatthe: ROFLMAO.... I'm gonna use that one....

It's funny.... I have seen "straight line" changes in my life....

1. From the age of 17 to 28 I was 10 stone, (147 pounds)... I _couldn't put on a pound if I tried.... Then I stopped being a super-duper-paratrooper and became Aircrew. I actually didn't drink for 3 years during that time... it didn't change my weight.

2. As Aircrew I worked pretty hard and was a Combat Survival and Rescue Officer for my unit.... But my weight went up a little... 10 1/2 stone, (154 pounds)... Ahh... I can live with that. It stayed that way from 28 till I was about 33. I drank all the way through this period...

3. Now I'm a civvie.... I still ran and was physical... and drank beer.... 33 through 42... weight was up... Now I lose the stone stuff and go American... I got to 170.... Eek...

4. Now I am really sedentary.... hard work includes drinking beer.... I am now 190.....

Funny thing is.... If I lost 25 pounds I'd look normal.....

Does this mean I was a skinny freak all my life?

BTW... I still drink beer.... Whenever possible....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    Yeah, Tiger. You were a skinny freak. At 18 I was about 175 (how many stone is that, Tiger?). At 25, my combat weight was 195 pounds (when I graduated from OCS at Benning). At 45, I was hitting the raquetball courts at 250 pounds (must be about 20 stone, eh?). I was often described as a 250 pound, sleazy biker scum. Loved that. All this time I was pretty much beer-fed.

Anyway, I'm now in the mid-50's and trying to get down below 240 and lower my cholesterol. I quit drinkin' a while back. Go figure.