Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: And now, from the no-duh department...

Exclamation

Originally posted here by morganlefay
    ...they asked for a quote to update 12 machines to XP...wait til I tell them thier one license of office 95 wont do
    LOL
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Originally posted here by morganlefay
    wait til I tell them thier one license of office 95 wont do
    95 HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have a Universal Subscription to M$ and I can download every app ever created by Bill and Company. Except Windows 95 - Not even Microsoft wants to admit to its existence.

And MLF watch out, after you give the cost estimates for the upgrade, they will probably stop coming to you prior to buying stuff. At least that's my experience.

AOs Resident Troll
    Dino

They have had so many hacks in there (someones son, friend taking a comupter course, etc)

...that since I have "fixed" all the connectivity issues they were experiencing.....and provided a stable environment in the past 2 years ........they always come to me

Plus I explain to them..."No, I will not install that on this machine...because it is against the law."

From my experience...most users are just ignorant to the issue of licensing, they dont know that installing the one office license on every machine is illegal.

I try and educate...plus I use a local shop here...I dont build puters, i just connect them and install the required business apps, and try to lock down as much as I can...hard when they have password like 12345 and qwerty. I try and explain security.....but thier eyes glaze over...I figure, one thing at a time...baby steps.

And F$%K em if they go with someone else....I know whats out there....

"they can live in their own sh*t"

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer