Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE question

Unhappy IE question

I want to sign in as a different user on our LAN when accessing websites.Is it possible to do that using IE?My computer is connected to an office LAN.I'm using win xp.

AOs Resident Troll
    Is that allowed???

Do you have another username and password???

Why not ask the admin?

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Exclamation

IE alone has no capability for changing logins for individual users.

If you are logged in as Smith, then your browse history, etc, is logged in Smith's profile folder. Likewise, if you Fast User Switch or log out and relog in as Jones, then your browse history, etc, is logged in Joneses profile folder.

There might be some 3rd party product allowing you this feature, but I've never seen or heard of it nor has anyone ever requested this from me.
    ZT3000
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

i have another network login...I was able to do that with my previous company using IE..A logon screen would prompt for a username and password.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    This sounds horribly like a "How do I hide my internet activity by pretending to be a different user" or "How do I fsck over that bitch in personnel that gave me the reprimand for being continuously late by making it look like she is surfing [insert policy violation here]" questions....

Point 1. If your admin has anything more than air between his/her ears, (don't under-estimate them now.... We love it when smart-asses do that), then it can't be done.

Point 2. Why don't you use your home computer for those "policy violating activities"?

Point 3. Read point 1 very carefully and decide how important your current income is to you... becuase if you try to "forge" your identity on my, (and many here's), network it would be considered hacking/cracking which is a terminatable offense and I, for one, would push very hard for it.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    TS, you are correct - this is voltagirl and typhoidmary....asking the same old questions.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I'm sick of you guys..I'll simply log out and log in using a diff user and I'll be fine!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Mel, Darling.... You fed up of that crusty old Belgian yet????

Didn't think so....

You are right.... You might even have picked out the personality....

[Edit]

Hmmm... Didn't notice before the last response as I was posting.....

Manila....

"I'm sick of you guys" implies previous knowledge......

Mel... You are a genius.....

[/EDIT]
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Never even bothers to change her picture...same one for all three accounts...must really love that picture.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Originally posted here by aenema
    I'm sick of you guys..I'll simply log out and log in using a diff user and I'll be fine!
    Yeah...and we'll never figure out who you are.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery