Thread: How to send a pager via Modem?

AO French Antique News Whore

How to send a pager via Modem?

I'm trying to send a pager via modem. I try using the MsComm API from M$ but I'm having problem. This API seems to try to connect to another modem while what I want is to connect to normal phone system. Anyone can help me?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Simon,

What sort of modem is it? can you get a connection using Telephone Dialer or Hyper Terminal?

just a thought, I am no expert in this area

Re: How to send a pager via Modem?

Originally posted here by SDK
    I'm trying to send a pager via modem. I try using the MsComm API from M$ but I'm having problem. This API seems to try to connect to another modem while what I want is to connect to normal phone system. Anyone can help me?
    Anyway you can have it treat the number that is being dialed as all one long number ?

Ie, say the pager was 555-5656 and the person you were paging was like 555-9999...could you send a dial string like 555-5656,,,,555-9999 ?
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

Using a USB Modem that use Com3.

I try using McComm (The MSComm control provides serial communications for your application by allowing the transmission and reception of data through a serial port. ) I'm succesfull in dialing but the modem is trying to talk to another modem? I think I need to change a few setting like setting in my MsComm but I don't know wtich one.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I just found out that my modem was only a fax modem and not a fax/voice/modem so what I'm trying to achieve is impossible with this kind of modem.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Thanks for letting us know................I had a feeling that it might be the modem type