Thread: ZYXEL Prestige 630 ADSL Modem and mandrake 10.1

Unhappy ZYXEL Prestige 630 ADSL Modem and mandrake 10.1

Hi guys,
    once again I am here with a problem. I have got a DSL connection(finally) and i am provided with ZYXEL Prestige 630 modem for accessing net. It is USB based model. It is working allright on my winxp but problem is with mandrake 10.1 i have on same machine.

Problem is that my Mandrake don't even recognize there is any modem or something like that on USB hub at all. I even tried Suse 9.1 but no use.

I have searched for solution on net and since last 10 days i have found no solution to this problem. Hope that anybody has solution for it.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

You'll need to find the appropriate drivers, things like this tend to be flaky on linux, it might be an idea to try a similar driver from another product maybe.

The simplist solution by far it to get an ethernet model, there dirt cheap (at least in the UK) cos it acts as a network device and is OS independant.

i2c

I have asked my service provider if they can get me ether net model. Till now they haven't responded. will see.
    Thank You for help, plz tell me if you get solution for this model. thanks again
    It\'s all about sense of power.