Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Post, Old topic... w0ot for SP2

ZT3000

When I said the "last one" I meant your last link:

http://www.grcsucks.com/

Sorry for the ambiguity.

If you read his website, some of it has technical inaccuracies and his conclusions are a bit farfetched. There is only one product I'm interested in that he still makes, as for the rest of what he says...well....
    Well we certainly agree on that one OK I said that he "ranted" and that I "take what he says with a pinch of salt" which is basically the same as you are saying?

I do tend to discount anything that uses cliches like "media darling" .............all that says to me is that the person who used the phrase means "I am a loser who is envious of those who are making money and getting more attention than I am"

To me, a "media darling" is someone like Ankit Fadia

Steve did receive exposure at the time you mention, but I would put that down to the fact that he was approchable, and capable of expressing things (right or wrong) in layman's terms...........which is what the media want? and he has a business to promote.

Yes, "SpinRite" has always worked for me as well .

Now, back to the gist of this thread............I mentioned Steve's "rants" because he did wax lyrical about raw sockets..............and complained about Microsoft's apparent lack of interest.........

What do we see now with Win XP SP2?................ Microsoft apparently justifying his claims for more or less the same reasons as he cited. At least that is how I read it.

APs

Don't send neg to peoples who send neg! You are going no where with this attitude.
    - Yes indeed. And if you are concern with APs, it's better to check why they neg or uplift you, in that way you could understand better, then avoid other comments like this (to DemonicKn1ght).

BTW,
    SP2 has all but completely crippled, ok it has completely crippled NMAP. By not allowing raw socket programming apparently MS thinks they will stop the spread of viruses, worms, and malware;
    - I think the reason why M$ is doing such is for prevention purposes, since it will limit IP spoofing and limits the ability of malicious code to create distributed denial-of-service attacks.

Stop the application that is responsible for the failing connection attempts.
    -M$' idea of resolving the issue?

For sure there are some POLICY TWEAK for these issues.

Yo!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif