here's another twist for you guys....
"10. Should I inform my employees or others that they are being monitored?
Yes.
The SpectorSoft software license agreement requires that you inform anyone you may monitor with SpectorSoft products."

so here's my thing, why would this person be concerned about finding out if its monitoring his computer? If it's really the case they are stating, then all that legal junk implies. But if it is the IT organization, they are obligated by the product license to inform he/she/it that they are monitoring. Since he/she/it knew the software by name, most likely they were informed about it. and this leads me to the main question..."What the hell did they post for..." If they know its on the computer, and they know it is a spying app, what good would it do you to figure out how to tell if its monitoring you or not...it IS monitoring you...you know its installed. at that point, put on your tinfoil hat, its reading all your thoughts....goddamn some people are stupid. and google would have solved all their problems in the first place. glad i never hired a PI, Detective Dipsh*t is more like it.