Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: spying on spouse

Originally posted here by raindarkblue
    Gee you guys aren't what I thot!!!!!! I was contacted by this lady who has a legitimate program that allows her to do this. I am not an idiot! I do know it is illegal. But my question was for those of you who I thought knew much more about this than I do! Can she get caught and how the heck does a program like spectorpro get licsence? YOu didnt have to be such jerks!
    We are not being 'jerks'. If in fact you are a PI, you should know better. A court order is required to do what she is doing. If she is your 'client' dump her or she is going to take you down with her.

Cheers:
    DjM

ok ok ok!!!!!!!!
    Enough Already!!!!!!!!
    I am the spouse and what I really want to know is how the heck do I find where the b***** sent me this email??????? How can I prove it?

This site isn't about helping do things you know are illegal. We're here to try and do the opposite.

Your second post should have been at least a half-assed apology. You should have done a little faq reading before you posted.

One of us may even be in IT where your client's husband works. You never know.

Edit - Ooops time overlap

Are you sure that there was an infected e-mail or or they jerking your chain?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

AOs Resident Troll
    Shes putting it on a government machine...that she has not right to.

That is illegal....and yes they can track it...right back to her email, the machine she used to send it, when she sent ir, what ISP she used...and what she was wearing (only in the US...well maybe not )

Now as for the program getting licensed....

I buy it...install it on MY machine..to test, log other users trying to abuse the priviledge of using MY machine (ie.kids)....my kids are pretty smart though....they know mommy sees EVERYTHING....

Its the eyes in the back of my head

Think you should have lurked , used the search and read up some before posting

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

hey look, the skiddy translator worked. anyone suprised she is the spouse?

why dont you just think back to when you were stupid enough to open an attachment at work (probably against your company policy).

even better ask your admins, they will be more than happy to press charges agaisnt a person sending out emails that spy on their computers.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Gee you guys aren't what I thot!!!!!! I was contacted by this lady who has a legitimate program that allows her to do this. I am not an idiot! I do know it is illegal. But my question was for those of you who I thought knew much more about this than I do! Can she get caught and how the heck does a program like spectorpro get licsence? YOu didnt have to be such jerks!
    I'm not a Jerk I'm a BASTARD SON OF A B**** illegal and legitimate

/me reaches for the little red dot thing

ok ok ok!!!!!!!!
    Enough Already!!!!!!!!
    I am the spouse and what I really want to know is how the heck do I find where the b***** sent me this email??????? How can I prove it?
    OK, if this is fact true, now is the time to get your IT people involved and the cops too. The IT folks should have log files they can review and the cops need to be involved if you are going to pursue legal action.

Cheers:
    DjM

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    A court order is required to do what she is doing.
    Stupid question but why? I always thought it was those in the legal profession (i.e., representatives of the state).

And for pure curiosity sake, what laws specific prevent private citizens from listening in on other private citizens (excluding laws that deal with breaking into a computer system)? I've been looking through my Pocket Criminal Code (2005) for Canada and can't find anything. There seems to be an expectation of privacy in regards to how things are brought into criminal court but I don't know if civil courts have the same issues.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I am the spouse and what I really want to know is how the heck do I find where the b***** sent me this email???????
    Is there a way his It department to identify the email with which she sent him this spy program.
    Its all in the e-mail headers you dumbass. All email can be traced through the headers. IT techs know this.

How do you know it is there and who sent it to you or, even that e-mail was the delivery method?

Report it to your IT department and let them take care of it...............be sure to remind them that it is a federal offence.

And try telling the truth more often...............we don't like social engineers insulting our intelligence.