Thread: 801.11b - 801.11g Antennas

801.11b - 801.11g Antennas

Does anyone know if the 801.11b and 801.11g have the same antenna sockets. So for example if i purchased a extention antenna labelled as a "801.11b extention antenna", would it happily plug into and work in a 801.11g weridless card.

Any advice greatly received.

Thanks.
    -

It depends on the brand, they are not a universal fit, different manufacturers will attach their antennas to their cards with different methods/sockets.

If you buy an extension from the same people who make you wireless card though it sould fit ok.

Both the card, and the extention antenna i was looking to buy were from belkin.
    -

Both the card, and the extention antenna i was looking to buy were from belkin
    It is more likley that the Connectors are Compatable.. ithe connector issue is more a brand/application issue.. be aware that if your card is a PCMCIA card (or Card bus) there may not be a socket for this and if there is it will not be compatable with the aerial.. my d-link card required a short adapter lead to go from the Card socket to a rp-sma plug
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr