macintosh os

Thread: macintosh os

Exclamation macintosh os

My system config is 256 mb ram 60 gb hd with intel m 735 chipset and 1.7 G.Hz speed (Cetrino Enabled). Right now I am using windows xp prof. I want to Install Mac along with it. Is it possible???????????

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    There are some emulators that you can use:

http://www.emulators.com/
    http://pearpc.sourceforge.net/

But you won't be able to run say a COTS version of OSX on your PC. Very different hardware architecture. And, AFAIK, there is no VMWare support yet of OSX or YDL.

Any particular reason why you want to run Mac OS (and which Mac OS)? Just learning or do you have an app in mind?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thank you.
    I went through the sites that you specified but I didn't get exactly what emulators are. Are they just made to run mac on windowsor what.
    Can you please specify the use of emulators and its application.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Emulators are programs that emulate or mimic an alternative hardware architecture or OS. In this case, it would mimic the Motorola 68000 chips formerly used by Apple (OS 8 and earlier) or the RISC Chips presently used for the G3+ chips for OS X (Apple's latest version). And this would allow you to run an Apple OS on a Intel-based machine (which shouldn't run OS 8 or OS X since it's a different hardware architecture).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage