It's official, hell has frozen over...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official, hell has frozen over...

It's official, hell has frozen over...

I have never seen this and I never thought I would... I fire up IE, and I head over to google, I get a yahoo page with search results for google.com. ****in IE, I must have entered the URL in the yahoo search bar it installed without my permission, I don't even check to see if this is the case, now I remember why I installed mozilla.. I fire up mozilla. I head over to google... request timed out. OK I get it.. my internet connection is messed up. I ping google, yup timed out.. I check my cable modem, it's connected, I check my router its connected, I ping my router, I ping my external router port, both fine, I do a tracert to google, all addresses but google respond.. what????!!! this does not compute.... for the first time in as long as I remember I try a site BESIDES google... it comes up... alright, now I'm REALLY confused, I try google again, it times out.. ok my internet service is failing and reconnecting really quickly (that really was my first thought, I'm serious, after this long I still hadn't even considered the possibility that google might actually be down, I'm still having a hard time believing it myself.) but its true, check out this screenshot... and I cannot stress this enough people... THIS IS NOT A FAKE!!!
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

You should check your hosts file and make sure there's no entry for google in it.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Well you suck then since I have no issue getting to both the one you list and Google.ca (the one I usually use). Could be localized to your area. Did you check Internet Traffic Report to see if something is down or that perhaps you might have a spyware or something else interfering?

I get a yahoo page with search results for google.com.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

good one, I hadn't done that, but there is not an entry for google are you able to get to it?
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Seems to be working just fine for me .
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

I've tried in two different browsers and I'm unable to ping so I doubt its spyware, besides, its resolving the IP so I doubt its a dns issue, ping google and gimme the IP it gives you, I'll go directly to that

but there is not an entry for google are you able to get to it?
    No specific entry. What you'd be looking for is a router that might be interferring (elimination/troubleshooting to figure out what the problem is). The hosts file and/or other checks for spyware/viruses might also be necessary.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

only one entry in my hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 localhost

tried google.ca too and no go

Reboot?? (all purpose solution to everything... )

Do you have another machine on the network to try this with (visit google)?

Visit Anonymizer and see if you can get to Google through their freebie page.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    www.google.com = 216.239.57.147

www.google.ca = 216.239.63.104
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools