Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spying on Spouse Misunderstood

Spying on Spouse Misunderstood

I want to explain to everyone what I was trying to say. First of all, what I was asking was how can I detect whether the keylogger has been sent to me again. The spectorpro with addons was sent to me via a world email account. This account was created at a public library and the mail was sent from that public computer. It was not an attachment on the email. It is hidden in the email, when the email is opened , the program is installed with out the users knowledge. It was no way for me to know it was there. This cant be traced to a person all though I know who sent it. I just needed any infor I could get on how to detect this or determine if it has been sent to me again. Please be more understanding. You guys are cruel. I wasn't trying to offend you, only asking for your help.

AOs Resident Troll
    I dont understand???

If it is installed with out the users knowledge...then how do you know it is installed????

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

If your first post was like this people would have no doubt helped you right away and there wouldn't have been any negs.

Most people here respect honesty and do like to be snowed.

Good luck in the future.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

I'm all about second chances.

Let the Admins at work know you suspect a key logger.

Read up on the subject. Here's a few links.

http://www.snoopfree.com/help_file/Breaches.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
    httP://www.google.com

forgot this one
    http://www.eblaster.com/spectorpro.html
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

If it is installed with out the users knowledge...then how do you know it is installed????
    Not to mention the fact that the program name is known. Spector Pro is a leading internet monitoring package.

//EDIT and any basic Antivirus or Spyware checking will most likely detect it.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

raindarkblue,

People may lose thier lives because they can't express themselves properly.

I do second dinowuff's opinion let the admins know your suspicions.. and see what they say...

/me I would read my post ten times before hitting Post and then get cursed {Neged}infinitely.....

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

AOs Resident Troll
    Actually from the website...antivirus\antispyware do not detect it

And it does not show up in task manager, services etc

Stealth technology ensures that Spector Pro is completely hidden from everyone except those with authorized access. It will not appear in the Windows System Tray, Desktop, Task Manager or Add/Remove Programs Menu. It will not be detected by anti-virus or anti-spy software.
    Bet you I could find it

MLF
    With admin rights of course
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Re: Spying on Spouse Misunderstood

Originally posted here by raindarkblue
    I just needed any infor I could get on how to detect this or determine if it has been sent to me again.
    This may be of help:

A particular key combination (apparently ``Control-Alt-Shift-S'' by default) on the keyboard will bring up Spector Pro's splash screen and a password dialog box. A user who happens across the correct key combination would find that the software is running.

More Information

Cheers:
    DjM

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    A remarkable thing happens when people are negged for bogus questions. The response by the poster is always the same, it's a "misunderstanding". I think it's quite the opposite, rather, complete understanding. The poster understands that a horrible mistake was made by asking the question in the first place and they realize they need to quickly run damage control.

Don't insult my intelligence or that of the others here.

nuff said

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Hoss:

You untrusting, cold-hearted bastard.....

I'm with you I'm afraid....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides