Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Com[uter spying

AOs Resident Troll
    Employers should have some policy on monitoring your computer....

And depending on where you are...they can monitor every thing you do on THIER computers, network, email system and internet connection.

The opportive word here is THEIR

So if your doing something you shouldnt...you will get caught

I am not sure where you are coming from here,

First its your spouse, next its your employer...

I suggest you do some reading...on this site

You may learn something on the detection of this type of software.

But...if you are at work and you suspect that and outside party has installed a keylogger on your computer with out the permission of the IT dept...I would contact your IT dept ASAP.......like what has been suggested already ....in your previous posts
    over
    and over
    and over
    and over again.

MLF

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hi. Are you asking for yourself or on behalf on one of the spouses in question? (No offence meant, I am just trying to lighten the mood a bit)

With this reply I hope to cover the previous thread on this, your private message, and this thread.

You are not allowed to spy on people without their knowledge.

It is an offence. You should Google "Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 ".

That said, you should not expect privacy when using empoyer owned computer equipment and services such as internet access, email, or telephone. Your employer is allowed to monitor as part of their business. They will usually cover monitoring in your employee contract or a related computer policy. In my neck of the woods, we have to very clearly label when monitoring is taking place, this means stickers, messages on screens, and what not. But the bottom line is, the employer has to let you know they are monitoing. When I doubt, assume you are being monitored.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I'll try again.... Just louder this time.....

SPEAK TO YOUR IT STAFF!!! You no speaka da Eeenglish????
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Unhappy You so rude to me why?

I am tired of having to explain myself. I only came here for advice in a very emotional situation. I HAVE been to my IT dept. they did identify the keylogger. I SIMPLY asked how can I make sure this isnt sent to me again? I don't need to keep going to IT and then my boss say I am bringing my personal life to work as these guys have much more to do than check on my computer????? Do you not understand I asked for your help? You are as demoralizing as my soon to be X.

********** |ceWriterguy
    TS, I'm gonna try to translate for raindarkblue in simpler terms.... wish me luck, it's not a pretty picture.

raindarkblue -
    You spoke to your IT department. They identified the keylogger and most likely removed it. Did you ask them about keeping it off? Did you ask them about what tools you could use to detect it should it be accidentally reinstalled? Did you ask them for tips about what to open and what not to open when using new files? How about password security? Did you have them reset your password and teach you how to use things your soon to be ex wouldn't ever guess?

If your answer to any of the things listed above is "no," I refer you back to TigerShark's post just above yours. If none are "no," you already have all the help you need. Why are you posting it here too? Do you not trust your own IT department?

Now I tried not to be demoralizing. I tried to be nice and remove the road block you keep setting up in front of yourself. This is the third thread I've seen you ask this question in, and the third I've seen you get good, solid answers. Either heed the advice given, or go away, or be shown the door.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Re: You so rude to me why?

Originally posted here by raindarkblue
    You are as demoralizing as my soon to be X.
    I think you should do everything in your power to keep your X from leaving. She sounds like an amazing woman. Being able to use covert spying programs is very rare amongst spouses. My spouse can bearly send & recieve email.

AOs Resident Troll
    I have trouble with this response.....

Your IT department doesnt have a way to block this type of program coming into your computer???

I can just imagine what else is floating around your computer\network??

Are you sure the keylogger came from your spouse and not a virus\trojan infection??? from somewhere else.

You know..if you read some of the responses....all your answers are there

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    It most certainly _is_ your IT people's job to ensure than an outsider cannot install spying tools on your computer. Additionally, it is your supervisors job to determine that this has happened and how, (probably by using the IT dept), and to have the local law enforcement officers pay the perpetrator a visit and invite them to spend some time in the local jail while the DA decides which part of which book s/he will throw at them.

They are doing something illegal. They are doing it to your workplace's computer. Your workplace is a local governemt office..... I see the anti-terrorism act being invoked.....

Just do it please... Since we can't sit at the computer in question our ability to help you past telling you to talk to your own IT is _severely_ limited.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

here so you go away. step by step instructions to NOT get this stuff on your comp.

1. QUIT BEING A ****TARD
    2. DONT OPEN NON-WORK RELATED EMAILS AT WORK
    3. DONT VISIT NON-WORK RELATED WEBPAGES WHILE AT WORK
    4. there. if you follow those steps you should be safe.

you are full of **** when you say that the proggy comes from within the email. It has already been stated that the proggy cant be loaded remotley, and the info from the proggy can only be viewed from the network. So thats l1 lie confirmed. you lied about your identity, your reasons for wanting to know this info and a number of other things. You are pissing people off and now 2 of your three threads have been closed. I hope this has the same fate. you are a liar, a moron and a complete jackass if you think your lame ass back-tracking and covering up is going to get the more intelligent people (th ones who can actually help you) to give you more info than they already have. GO AWAY.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

OK Last chance. I agree with Horse and Tiger. This has been said over and over, but you don't seem to get it. Everyone has posted links, told you to talk to your IT folks and why you haven't been banned by the AP system is beyond me. Usually when the OP doesn't get what is being said they get tones of neggs. Anyway. MLF has the answer for you. Look around. Do people in your office get lots of spam, viruses and do computers constantly go down for no reason? If so the spyware is there and it will return.

The negg is for not researching any links offered in the last two posts and for lying.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0