Marines take Revenge on Union
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marines take Revenge on Union

AO Ancient: Team Leader

Marines take Revenge on Union

So the UAW International will no longer allow members of the 1st Battalion 24th Marines to park at Solidarity House if they are driving foreign cars or displaying pro-President Bush bumper stickers
    Source

In another example of petty, small-minded, brainless idiocy one of the major unions in Detroit banned the US Marines from the above....

This was all over my local radio station this morning....

They spoke to the Marine Commander.... (The Union Kommadant was unavailable in a meeting)... In the true tradition of the Marines they chose that no Marine shall be left behind.... Therefore, if some can't park there, then _none_ will..... Good man!!!

They, finally, got hold of the Union Kommandant, who, after being grilled by the "Morning Guy", aquiesced, (sp?), to "negotiate" the Marines..... I could see this next bot coming....

He "negotiated"... The Marine Commander, in rather more words said "Nuts".

The station called the Marine Commander... He told them he said "Nuts"

The station called the Union Kommandant.... He told them that the order was rescinded... The Marines can park there in any car and with any bumper sticker....

The station called the Marine Commander... He said, in rather more words, "We still say FU, no marine will be paking in that parking lot.... We don't need them"

Bravo, Bravo, Bravo....

The idiots that run the unions think they have some power.... Right up to the point when they come up against people with some intestinal fortitude..... Losers....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Does the UAW sanction their own members who drive foreign cars and have Bush bumper stickers? I doubt it.

The dispute arises as the UAW, using laid-off workers for labor, is building a $300,000 home for the Veterans of Foreign Wars. The home in Eaton Rapids will operate a residential program for children of veterans who don't have parents, or whose parents can't care for them.
    A great gesture I just wonder if there are restrictions on which cars can park at this place as well?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

If you drive past the parking lot there is a big sign that forbids entry to all foriegn made cars. I don't know about bumper stickers... I'm sure the car just gets keyed or the owner beaten until it is removed....

What really makes me laugh is that if you go inside every TV is Japanese..... That's consistency for you....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Do you know if they made a distinction between Foreign made and American-made vehicles for a foreign company with non-UAW workers?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

If it says Toyota it's foreign... Even if every last part of the vehicle were built in the USA.... Let's face it... Nowadays half of your favorite Ford is built abroad...

Like the guy said in the article

I don't know what a foreign car is today anyway. BMWs are made in South Carolina now.
    If the 'foreign car makers' used UAW workers I'm sure it would be OK.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    "Union kommandant" haha...that's classic. I love it!

This is why I try to stay out of Cosmos...it just pisses me off too much!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

.. Hondas are built in Ohio by American workers. ??? I don't get the mind set even having grown up among it all. Sounds like the type who would invite Micheal Moore to come speak at a picnic.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    I drive a Japanese car that is built entirely in the US... wonder what they'd do with that.

Neg: It's still banned from the lot.... American made to these people means the big three. Outside that they are foreign.