Thread: 911 Trojan author jailed for six months

911 Trojan author jailed for six months

In reality, the malicious code reset the settings on the user's WebTV box so that it dialled 911 next time it attempted to connect to the net. Ten users reported that local police either telephoned or visited their home in response to what they thought were emergency phone calls as a result of the attack.
    I hope this ass needs 911 assistance sometime and they take their time getting there. He should have gotten a lot more than six months.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/15/webtv_vxer/
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

You'd of hoped that someone with the knowledge to do that would also of had the knowledge, logic and common sense, to tell him that it was a bad idea. :S
    -

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You'd of hoped that someone with the knowledge to do that would also of had the knowledge, logic and common sense, to tell him that it was a bad idea.
    Reality says that common sense ain't that common.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Of course he knew it was wrong and stuff... you dumbass. You'd think that a guy who atleast has gone as far as type letters and form words could have the common sense to make a better post than that piece of ****.
    Why don't you just learn from your own advice and stfu?

go trojans

So how did he get caught?
    I mean who cares what he did? Thats not important,
    but not making his same mistakes...hmmmm

I mean who cares what he did? Thats not important,
    Are you for real? Take a good look around...it's dark isn't it...that's because you've got your head up your....!
    People lives depend on 911 access/response...and this guy had them wasting their time on prank calls.

Well l3lacklce...it finally happened...I greened when I wanted to neg...opps!

Ehhh.... I've pulled a lot of **** with computers... never anything as stupid as that...

But I know the risks.... And I have always accepted the consequences. I have thankfully never gone to jail for anything, but I have seen people sent up for years.

Old thread and a stupid comment, but I will post just in case you want to shoot back............unlike some tossers I could mention

I mean.... Hell... It woulda been funny if he'd set the boxes to call a sex line or something, but you can't **** with 911.... The responses are **** as it is... what's going to happen when they get DoSd by something like this?