Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Find Hacker's IP Address?

How Do I Find Hacker's IP Address?

My computer is being hacked into and has been for quite some time. Last night I finally figured out who it was and pretty well got a confession. How do I get his IP address so I can block him from my computer?

Hi. There is a very, very good chance the person is not using their real IP address to do what they are doing to you. And there is a very slim, slim chance that the person would openly admin to doing what they are doing to you.

However, there are always exceptions.

Just to add, so my post is of somewhat helpful. If you don't already, and I will assume you are using Windows OS, you should make sure you have a half decent software based firewall running on your machine. Such as Kiero, Sygate, Zonealarm, or something similar. If you have that, there is a good chance you would be notified via alert of unauthorized connections. Try the link included below:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/se...wfirewall.html

It's not fool proof, but it's much better than nothing.

btw - I really hope you were serious about your post and you didn't just come on board to waste your and my time. :-(

Skiddie translator says:

"I got this cool port scanner (what ever that means) from a guy who is this 1337 hacker and I want to show off ot my friends that im 1337 too. But I need to know how to get their IP address first becasue i need their IP address to be 1337"

ok ok ok...ill give him an almost fair shot. Exactly how do you intend on blocking him from your computer once you have HIs IP? Chances are he has a dynmic IP anyway so youll just block one and then hell get a new one eventually. HOw do you know he is hacking you? if he confessed that he is hacking you then take it to the police, they will deal with it.

god Im sick of these posts...
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Just open up command prompt while he's hacking you. Open up FBI.gov, CIA.gov and other fedral sites in any browser, type netstat -a in the command prompt and go down the IP addresses list you just got, hack every one of them, you'll eventually get him back.
    O.G at A.O

TIP

georgie22,
    Last night I finally figured out who it was and pretty well got a confession
    - Finding out WHO the HACKER was and even GOT HIM confessed is a great breakthrough (if he really is who he tells he is).
    How do I get his IP address so I can block him from my computer?
    - Assuming that the situation is TRUE, you don’t need to try to be l33t and get his IP. Since you had been compromised, you can do what most of the people here will advice you to do. Search here in AO about CLEANING & SECURING your BOX. Lots of entries HerE about it and it’s the BEST thing you can do rather than aiming for REVENGE or something.

- Although I am not *encouraging you to ignore it, but it’s just the best thing to do. By this way you can at least pissed him off and make him *feel depressed since the chances will be little to HACK you again once your BOX is SECURED. Unless you are also trying to be L337 and want to KICK the haxor’s a$$ for that reason. Then you might want to try to tell us the STORY how the h3ll did he get on to you (your BoX)?

Yo!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif

Hmm.. ive had seen so many "i got hacked how do i get back?" or "how do i block em, i know the guy" questions..

No offense to you but id like to be thorough.. coz most likely, the person didnt do it, he just wants to scare u or something, or taking advantage of the situation.

None the less,.. can u tell me.

What made u think you were hacked?
    What happened? (symptoms)
    Who is this guy and what does he want with you?
    Has he made any solid proof that he did it?
    How did he do it?

answer all those and i can prommise u, i can give u a fair solution to ur problem.

T3h Ch3F

Red face Re: How Do I Find Hacker's IP Address?

Originally posted here by georgie22
    My computer is being hacked into and has been for quite some time. Last night I finally figured out who it was and pretty well got a confession. How do I get his IP address so I can block him from my computer?

Georgie, This link will take you to hacker heaven, it is.......how shall I say a do it yourself instructional visual education on how you can find that nasty hacker..........

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/07...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sorry I could not help myself.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Just Another Geek

Re: How Do I Find Hacker's IP Address?

Originally posted here by georgie22
    My computer is being hacked into and has been for quite some time.
    How did you find that out?
    Last night I finally figured out who it was and pretty well got a confession.
    How did you figure out it's him/her in the first place?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

XTC46 said:
    ok ok ok...ill give him an almost fair shot. Exactly how do you intend on blocking him from your computer once you have his IP? Chances are he has a dynamic IP anyway so you'll just block one and then he'll get a new one eventually. How do you know he is hacking you?
    And "Mr Rawhide" said:
    Hi. There is a very, very good chance the person is not using their real IP address to do what they are doing to you. And there is a very slim, slim chance that the person would openly admit to doing what they are doing to you.
    Both are very good points. Now, you have to think about your IP address, is it static or dynamic?....are you sure.............I know that mine is dynamic because I see it change every time I log on. Some ISPs say you have a dynamic address, but this is only to cover them when they do maintenance, it can actually remain fixed for some time.

The "blocking" concept is OK, but you will probably have to block the whole ISP range of addresses, which you may not want to do (online gaming comes to mind)

So, to reverse what you are thinking about, you need to make sure that your IP address gets changed?

Now, you say that you have been owned for some time. This is real bad news, as you have no idea what this person may have put on your box?

The textbook, and recommended answer is to take your machine off the net and:

1. Save all your data files
    2. Format the hard drive and re-install your operating system.
    3. Load your firewall and set it up
    4. Load your anti-virus (having updated it before saving it to CD)

Go back onto the net and UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM

Update all your anti-malware tools.

5. Reload your data files.

Reboot into safe mode and run all scans.

6. Re-install your applications.

Now, there is a thick part of the front of your skull just below the hairline............... you find the creature who has caused you all this aggravation and introduce this part of your skull to their nose at high speed.

This is a hitherto secret anti-malware tool known in the trade as the "Glaswegian Kiss" after the fair city of Glasgow, Scotland where the technique was devised and perfected.

(Hint: don't wear your best silk shirt............the blood spatter tends to get everywhere until you have mastered the technique)

Good luck

Several peple here pointed out that blocking IP adress is not best solution.

I agree with all of them. Also there is one thing that is not mentioned. If someone has hacked your box than it is only matter of time until someone else do the same thing.

Discovering IP address is relatively simple if you know what to look for, but there is so many posibilities. I think that easiest way is to read firewall log (if you have firewall installed).

But if you want to secure your box for longer period, then you must patch the holle, so that all IPs are blocked when they try to brake in. (I mean that access to port/troyan/whatever is blocked, while you can still use online gaming, browsing etc.)

I won't repeat what others already said about installing firewall, patching or even formating HDD (nihil: this is the best thing to do, but most people are scared of it when they realise how much time it takes to put everything back. I personaly use it as last resort)

BTW: I am eager to hear how did you discover the attacker, and what did he do to your box?
    Ikalo
    ------
    Make your knowledge your deadliest weapon.