Free Linux Cd's

Thread: Free Linux Cd's

Free Linux Cd's

Guy's i recently came upon a website that ships free linux cd's to anyone across the globe and they bare the shipping charges and you don't have to pay a single cent . the site is
    "shipit.ubuntulinux.org" for ordering cd's and their offiial site is ubuntulinux.org.they are placed in England. i just thought someone minght try their version of linux or may need it
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767

I got a bunch of their cd's a month or two ago.

Ubuntu is a nice distro. But because its a one cd install you get a really bare bone system (well its really well stocked compared to windows.)

Its nice to give out to friends. And it comes with a live cd for every install cd(execpt for the 64 bit cds')

Its also the first 64 bit os i had on my amd athlon 64 3600+ and it worked fine.

(And yeah, its free and the quality is great)
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

I just ordered me a couple..

allways good to give to friends

I'm more a slackware then debian (ubuntu = debian++) fan but hey, I'll give it a go..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

/off topic

"LinuxMall" used to be a great source of multiple distros and other software (office applications and all sorts ) then the dreaded "S upremely C orrupt O rganization" bought a large share of them and they went down the toilet

I liked them because although you had to pay a bit, it was so little that it did not get import duty charges

IMHO SCO have a lot to answer for................

/

I just got a copy of Ubuntu with one of the magazines at my work. We get free CDs from magazines that don't sell within a month. Thats a great website to have though, thanks a lot

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Linux Emporium

It isn't free, but it's another site.

They do have freebies though, it is for superceded discs :

http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/products/freecds/
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

well i don have a cd writer so i cannot write the unbuntu cd's that i get from the monthly computer magzines subscription , so hey i ordred 50 cd's for me and my friends and their friends!!
    thanx for the gr8 link