Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SpywareBlaster is out

New SpywareBlaster is out

While updating my spyware/malware databases, I found they have brought out a new version of SpywareBlaster. It is now up to version 3.3 and has added a 'Restricted Sites' section to its features.

The download can be found here
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Dose anyone here use it on a regular basis? I'm just wondering how it does compared to others specifically MS antispy?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Hi, I use SpyBlaster and am quite happy with it.

I used MS AntiSpy when it first came out. I did an A/B comparison between it and Adaware and Spybot for a couple of months and found that it did not catch as much as the other two, so I removed it.

Ive used spyware blaster but I still perfer adaware over it. I also like the MS spyware tool becasu of its other functions such as its version of msconfig, and other nifty process analyzers.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Originally posted here by XTC46
    Ive used spyware blaster but I still perfer adaware over it. I also like the MS spyware tool becasu of its other functions such as its version of msconfig, and other nifty process analyzers.
    I think you are getting these tools confused. SpywareBlaster's primary purpose is to BLOCK spyware where as Adaware is to DETECT and REMOVE. You should use them together.

Tools like MS Antispyware and Spybot Search & Destroy are a blend as they have both blocking as well as detecting and removing.

I personally like SpywareBlaster and have deployed it on many machines at home, friends, family, as well as work. It, combined with WinPatrol, SpywareGuard, MVPS.org HOSTS file, Spybot S&D, and Adaware SE have proved to be very effective against spyware.

Just my .02

I use Adware SE and Spyware Blaster...AVG and Zone Alarm...and find they all work exceeedingly well.

Question...is this new Spyware Blaster a new version or an update and do you have to uninstall the old one before installing the new one...like I had to with the Firefox upgrade?

Eg

Unhappy

You have to download and then uninstall the 3.2 and install 3.3. It will tell you on the web page.

Yeah i hate how it can update through the program.

Thanks for the update Moxnix!

You have to download and then uninstall the 3.2 and install 3.3. It will tell you on the web page.
    Well maybe on some boxes, but I just installed it over 3.2 on two of my computers and all is well.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Anyone has any problem updating the database in SpyBlaster 3.3? I tried updating it two days ago and again today, it downloaded the database file but it freeze the program a while and when I click on the protection, it says database error.