Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New SpywareBlaster is out

SpywareBlaster 3.3 is made by Javacool so from their Support Section:

"This behavior can occur for any of the following reasons:

Your system may be infected with a browser hijacker, trojan, spyware, or other malware that is interfering..."

Click Here:
    In essennce they are saying that you could be infected with some sort of malware that is interfering with SpywareBlaster's proper install of downloads. If that is the case:

If after running and updated antispyware programs like Ad-Aware, Spybot S & D, and your Antivirus program, the problem still persists, I would recommend downloading "Hijack This" from Here: and post the results so some of our folks can take a look at it.

Also, Javacool recommends you post your problem Here:

Cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Also, when you first downloaded it, you could have gotten a corrupt download. I would completely uninstall it ~~ redownload it and reinstall it again, just to be sure.

(note: I would also run the scans that Relyt has suggested.)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

whatthe

Dose anyone here use it on a regular basis? I'm just wondering how it does compared to others specifically MS antispy?
    As mentioned, it does not "compare" as such it is more of a complement. You will notice that it is recommended on the "immunisation" page of SpyBot S&D?...................it is better with ActiveX and stuff like that, and is proactive (an interceptor) as opposed to reactive (a scanner).

I have used it for at least 2 years.............back when it blocked around 800 items.........no complaints so far

Now, the other part of your question is a bit more difficult, as MS actually bought that technology (the company) rather than invented it themselves, so it was pretty well "mature" when they got hold of it.

However, none of these things are "magic bullets" so I prefer to keep them all in my toolbox (or should that be "gun safe" to avoid mixing metaphors )

Cheers

Dose anyone here use it on a regular basis?
    Yep, have been for well over a year now and I believe Nihil is the member who provided me the first link to it. It's an extra tool in the tool box to combat malware, but it is proactive in that it attempts to prevent that junk from infesting in the first place. I have been happy with it and it does work.
    Connection refused, try again later.

Hi. Poster nihil is right and I agree. SpyBlaster is a good extra tool to keep spyware off from your computer. I still think it's ridiculous that one needs to have all: adaware, spybot, spyblaster and all the others on ones windows machine to effectively keep spyware off it. Why can't someone invent one effective program?

Re: update problems. I have used the new SpyBlaster 3.3 since i found out about it on AO. I have not had any problems updating. You may want to check that local software firewall is not blocking. Also, check your hosts file. I once had to deal with Norton not being able to update because a virus infection populated the local hosts file with bogus entry for Symantec.

Hello, Mr. Rawhide (I have to get that dig in don't I )

I still think it's ridiculous that one needs to have all: adaware, spybot, spyblaster and all the others on ones windows machine to effectively keep spyware off it. Why can't someone invent one effective program?
    That is a damn fine question, and I think worthy of a whole new thread. The obvious answer is that some folks got vey p1$$ed about certain exploits, and decided to do something about it on their own.

The "professionals" have remained entrenched for so long in their traditional corporate silos, that they can hardly see the stars. Now they have burst out, but I for one, am not impressed by a lot of the multifunctional stuff around at the moment.............Norton, McAfee & the rest?

I actually have more trust in the freebie/almost freebie "enthusiasts" than I do in the big players. I still see a need for a structured defence strategy that includes these "fringe tools"

OK 3-5 years down the road it might be different, but I was in this game before it started (so to speak) so I still respect all the pioneers............please remember that I go back to Jon McAfee doing it for nothing (and who thought that freeware was modern?) to the 5.25 and 8.5 diskettes............................ack phtt!

Cheers, and a happy Easter if we do not speak before............