That Thread has nothing to do with PC!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Thread has nothing to do with PC!!!

That Thread has nothing to do with PC!!!

Hello all!
    As I mentioned in the headline that thread has nothing to do with computers!
    What is worring me is:
    I don't like to eat in the morning. If I eat then I feel terrible. But my mother continues to insiste(I'm a teen) to do it.
    I heard on the radio, that in matter of facts if you feel well with out eating in the morning there is no problem.
    I tried to make a research on the theme, but everything I found out is that it is very good to eat in the morning.
    I would like to hear what do you thing about breakfast?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    What do you mean you feel terrible? Do you mean nausea, dizzy, sad, in pain? What time in the morning do you eat? Perhaps you're eating too early (I can't handle breakfast before 5am usually).

Generally speaking it's better to start with a meal. Your stomach has digested the food from the night before and there isn't much left so having a meal to start the day is helpful since it should prevent things like sleepiness (although boring teachers may override that), listless, lethargy, etc. It gives you that energy to keep going.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

hmm interesting

If I eat then I feel terrible
    had that problem.. discovered I was a diabetic.. and what I was eating for b/fast was very high in sugar..
    dunno about the validity of the Radio information..
    but it would depend on when your last meal .. people who want to lose weight are better able to when they have a suitable meal at the start of their day..

must admitr though teens do have various changes going on which will change how they feel about meals.. (huh a **** load of things for that matter) .. incorrect diet during the growth years causes a lot of problems.. some of these will show as early as age 16.. problems such as various bone and muscular complaints. not to mention various issues relating to the inability to concentrate while growing through the learning years and the results from that..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    The old cliche' that " breakfast is the most important meal of the day " is true...( even though I don't follow it myself )...we actually eat opposite of how we should...the biggest meal should be breakfast then a medium lunch and then a light supper...

health wise it's better for you to eat from morning to late afternoon and nothing after 8pm ( which is usually the only time I eat )...
    it helps your body to digest food faster and you gain less weight because of normal daytime activity...

but if eating in the morning is a problem rather than just a choice or a just matter of not being hungry...you might have, as the Und3rtak3r suggested, a medical condition and should get it checked out ( even though I personally never go to a doctor...usually I wait till I'm sick enough to go to the hospital )...

Eg

Flash M0nkey
    The old cliche' that " breakfast is the most important meal of the day " is true...
    i disagree - breakfast should be something light but full of energy to give you a good start to the day (think bananas....not cereal/milk tho as they actually make your body produce checmicals which make u feel tired)

Lunch should be your main meal as this is the point when ur body is most awake and your digestive system can best deal with the fat intake.

Dinner should be a light snack which is low in fat - salad etc

of course there are exceptions to this :: like when i was playing/training for rugby my breakfast would consist of

2 x banana's
    2 x raw eggs cracked into glass of milk (drunk straight for added protein)
    1 x high energy bar
    1 x high energy drink

the last 2 would be sipped/ate on bus on way to match - i needed something high in energy but low in carbs etc as i couldn't have it slooshing about in my stomach as i played.

v_Ln

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    of course there are exceptions to this :: like when i was playing/training for rugby my breakfast would consist of
    Indeed. When I do long distance bicycling training/tours oatmeal with an egg or two is helpful. A light breakfast won't help if you are burning lots.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yep, as Und3ertak3r said:
    had that problem.. discovered I was a diabetic..
    You might be diabetic, and breakfast could make you feel terrible. Could be some other medical problem as well.
    I would suggest a visit to your Dr. and have it checked out......just to be sure.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Is it just a timing thing?...........................I could not face breakfast first thing............I need to be up and going for an hour.

For many years I have been accustomed to eating in the restaurant at work, ot taking something in to work. By that time I can eat it just fine, and enjoy it.

I guess my metabolism is a little slow to start? perhaps you are not allowing yourself enough time?...........the indication would be if you feel hungry at a fixed time after waking up, rather than a set time on the clock.

cheers

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Alot of it has to do with your habits as well...you can regulate your meal times just like you can regulate the time you get up in the morning...

I haven't used an alarm clock in decades...and it doesn't matter when I go to bed I always get up within a half-hour of when I want to...eating habits can be adjusted in the same way...intentionally...or unintentionally...

is it normal for you to eat in the morning? cause if your body isn't used to it, that too can affect how you feel.

Also, it could just be what you're eating. I am not diabetic, but if I start my day off with something high in sugar like pancakes, waffles or french toast, or donuts, or even really sugary cereals, I will be nauseous all day long. I do much better with protein and fruit, the sugar in fruit doesn't bother me. I eat apples with peanut butter sometimes, or what I've been eating lately is yogurt with granola in it. Also, remember that breakfast doesn't have to consist of "breakfast" foods. It is very important to start your day off with food, esp. as you're a teen and still going to school. Your brain can't function without proper fuel, and your learning is going to be impaired by an empty stomach. I personally let my son eat pretty much what he wants for breakfast...he has leftovers from dinner the night before a lot of the time. I feel like if he wants to have spaghetti for breakfast...well, it beats the hell out of him not wanting breakfast at all! Just try mixing up what you have for breakfast, try different things, and if you still can't eat, it might be time to try a visit to the doctor.

The other advice you got here that I fully agree with is to give your body time to wake up before you eat. I can't eat as soon as I wake up, but if I wait about 45 minutes, I'm hungry as a horse. Also, giving yourself a little bit more time in the morning might help. If you are rushing around like a mad thing in the mornings, you're not going to feel like eating. Try setting your alarm clock 20 minutes earlier. 20 minutes isn't that much in the overall picture of a full nights sleep, but it can make an enormous amount of difference in the way you feel in the mornings to have an extra 20 minutes to putter around and casually get ready.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.