Thread: Fortress

Fortress

Hey all I have a small problem. At my school I use a windows xp pro machine and i would like t know 2 things like how to be able to right click and how to create a link to get arround the schools site blocker so i can play games on my free time and i already tried getting arround them with search engines. And one other thing i have a mac os 10.2 machine at home and was wondering what configurations i need to remotly access it here at school. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Contact your system administrator
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

From the Main Page:

AO is not a place where you should be asking how to exploit/damage/attack any system that you do not own nor have the explicit permission of the legal owner.

If you request information in a way that implies your intent is illegal or immoral you will receive a rapid response from the community that may ban you from continued participation.
    Connection refused, try again later.

You out of the gene pool ---> (taken from your signature)

Sure, your Administrators are a$$holes who do not know their jobs?........you are far better qualified to assess and implement the security policies in your school?

Please get yourself an idea and a life before you get thrown out or lose all your privileges.

If you want to p1$$ about, wait until you get home and are using your beloved Mackintosh.........whilst you are at school, I would suggest that you do what your parents are paying good money for..............study and learn..............or is that beyond your intellectual upper limit?

I won't even bother to explain in detail why you are being stupid...............it would be like trying to teach a pig how to sing..................................it is a waste of time and frequently annoys the pig

tell the admin the game is for "research purposes", maybe that will trick him into giving you access?
    I dont know, im not too good at computers. <bfeg>
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You are in _school_ you don't have free time.... Period.....

Study.... Then check to make sure you know the answers to the questions.... By the time you have done that properly then you won't have spare time.....

If you don't do it then you won't get to do what I was doing today, looking at that nice house on a lake with my sweetie.... You'll be looking to rent a slum in a shitty area of town surrounded by scumbags and *******s.... Which would you prefer?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

hmm at work there computer has Novell installed on it so what i do is bring my own computer in an plug it in.. At school when i went i also had alot of free time in the computer labs an such, get a labtop.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let's see -

Neg the OP for wanting to hack his school... check
    Green Nihil and TS for outstanding advice... sorta check (sorry TS, gotta spread 'em around)
    Tease Seeker for a typo (it's LAPtop)... check
    Add original contribution to thread... pending: see below

michael,

You've found a quick way to get hammered into oblivion here on AO. In the future I suggest you not ask how to get around things at your school. Had the administrators of your school's network wanted you to be able to play games, they would've granted you permission to do so and the blocks against it wouldn't be in place. Oh, and we're not going to teach you how to setup a remote connection to your home system either, knowing you'll want to leave it open when you go home, and use it to explore/fold/spindle/mutilate your school's network after hours at your leisure. Besides, if your school's admins are smart enough to block games, they're probably smart enough to block remote access to and from the network to folks like you.

Why not concentrate your curiosity on whatever subject you're supposed to be studying instead of trying to play games? TS made a wonderful example of what happens when you don't...

Ok, that one's checked now too...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Seeker: What _exactly_ are you seeking? Oblivion?

You are another one of these dumbasses that has merely sufficient knowledge to believe that you have a clue. You are also one of those same dumbasses that thinks that the knowledge you have exceeds that of the people that manage your network.....

*Wake-up call*... You are a dumbass with no real knowledge whatsoever. The chances that your limited knowledge exceeds that of the admin of your network are exceedingly small.... The chances of him catching you and nailing your ass to his coffee table for decoration are much higher....

Give up now... You are surrounded.... Dumbass....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

no no guys.. this is a regular mis-understanding..a labtop.. is a very big computer.. it has to sit on top of the LAB..
    now a Lavtop isnt as big.. it sits neatly on top of a single Lav stall.. mind I met a chick last week that a lavtop would sit with room to spare on her lap

as for this thread..kill it why are we bothering keeping it alive..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr