ntp server

Thread: ntp server

ntp server

Hi all,
    i am trying to configure a time server for my local network. This timeserver will get the time from the internet at specified intervals. The machines in my local network will get themselves updated from the local timeserver. I have tried various configurations to setup local time server but i m unable to do so. If anyone having some experience in configuring this kind of server can help me.

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

I Bump with a Question

As I am interested in this as a personal project:

What OS were you prefering to run this time server on.. I thought that various flavors of *nix have NTS's hidden among the install modules.. but then I am trying to break these M$ chains..still
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

mmkhan, could you provide more information about your config, such as O.S., ntp server/client software, net config, etc?
    undertaker, MS AD structure has a very nice "built-in" time sync. It works very well.. if it is configured accordly. I cant see why use a *nix NTP server, except maybe on a mixed network (MS and other O.S.es)
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

I m trying to install ntp on RedHat 9.0 and was trying to use ntpd (which comes with redhat 9).

Thanks
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

The following is a quick howto on how to set up a ntp server in linux (aimed at redhat/fedora)
    http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-hn/ntp.htm

Hope this helps