hi all!
I have recently downloaded and installed Sygate Personal Firewall version 5.6 build 2808 from sygate.com .

Some joker has told me that he has attempted to use a DDoS tool on my IP (for NO reason at all) but it didn't seem to work. Now, I connect through a router so thats probably why his attack was unsuccessful. Technically, what he is using is NOT a DDoS attack tool, being as the attacks are coming from a single PC/IP (more like a DoS). So his tools are probably harmless, although, I have been hacked with trojans and such before, and do not like to take any more chances.

So like I said I have installed Sygate Personal Firewall that I found free at sygate.com . I am just wondering how well this this firewall will protect me from attacks (such as DDoS) and trojan intrusions? To sum it up, do you think this is a good firewall in means of IDS/attack protection? I am no pro at network security (focus more on C++ programming and PC repair/building) so I figured I'd ask this here where some people with more experience might be able to help me.

I have been around here before and have heard good things about Sygate. What do YOU think about this firewall?

Thanks in advance!!!

Peace.