Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Certification at BrainBench (Until April 4)

Banned

Exclamation Free Certification at BrainBench (Until April 4)

Head on over!

Free testing and certifications until April 4.

Why? Because they have a Global competition to see which country kicks butt.

So take advantage and get your papers!

www.brainbench.com

What kind of certifications does this website acutally provide, I am flipping through on it dont really see a specific certification. It just looks like it is their tests
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Banned
    They have tests with Comptia, MCSE, and quite a few others. You write the test and ifyou pass, send off a request to have the certificate mailed. If you do a search for A+ it won't show up, but if you click on show more results, you'll find it under Comptia

You'll find them under the "Test Center" link

Here are some screenshots:

www.tygerclaw.com/screen1.bmp
    www.tygerclaw.com/screen2.bmp
    www.tygerclaw.com/screen3.bmp

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Free Certification at BrainBench (Until April 4)

Originally posted here by tyger_claw
    So take advantage and get your papers!

www.brainbench.com
    According to this

http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/lan...contentId=2310

*These certifications do not include certificates

So what's the point?

"Oh yes Mr prospective employer, of course I have qualifications and certifications. I've got a BSc, MSc, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP etc , etc, etc" No sorry but I don't actually have any real certificates to show you
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Banned

missed that.

Crapper....

Well, good for practice tests?

Hi. I did this a few months ago. I did the free Linux certification. As stated, you need to pay for the actual certification paper.

IMO, the Brainbench cert is a joke. But I have seen postings from people claiming that it helped. There have been posts claiming that the HR person was familiar with the Brainbench name and this actually helped during interview and conversation. I guess it's possible.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I've taken a few of them at the request of recruiters and such, trying to place me with a client. I think they should be considered 'soft' certifications, vs. the obiviously opposed 'hard' certifications...CCIE, CISSP, MCSE, Linux+, CEH, etc. It's like getting a certificate saying you have attended 16 hours of network protocol training. Whoop-dee-doo. That's nice, but it doesn't quite meet the standard across the board for people 'in the know', it just makes clueless HR weenies happy.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I just took the Network Security certification they have and I earned it and "scored higher than 71% of previous participants".

Now I just have to pay $14.95 for the cert paper...

Wonder if its worth it to grab these certs?
    I guess having the paper can't hurt... but are they worth anything to employers out there?
    I've never heard of them.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Banned
    I did the A+ (or Computer Technical Support as they call it) and scored better than 77% of all test-takers (which doesn't mean anything since I only scored 2.8/5 )... I ordered the cert - never know what it's good for. And I guess putting the logo on my website won't hurt either - customers generally don't know the worth of certs; to them, a cert is a cert.

Those things are actually quite fun. For a geek...

Now I know what I'm going to do for spring break... testing! lol

I just took the Technical Support Cert and passed it...
    "Percentile: Scored higher than 93% of previous examinees"

These things are easy. I guess I might as well as get the paper too.
    Looks like you can get a better deal if you use the promo code too... okstate

Wonder if that will still work.
    Then the paper certs are only $5.00 lol
    http://www.okcareertech.org/certify/brainbench3.htm

Wonder if they'll just give me a BS in Computer Science...
    I saw that I could get one for $25.00 in this email I got the other day...

EDIT: I just tried that code... it reduced the certificate cost to only $5.00!! lol...

Your Order
    Item Unit Price Quantity Total
    Technical Help Desk (Microsoft) Certificate

Note: price reduced by 9.95
    14.95 1 5.00
    Network Security Certificate

Note: price reduced by 9.95
    14.95 1 5.00
    Subtotal 10.00
    Tax 0.00
    Shipping 0.00
    Grand Total 10.00
    BTW: If you decide you want to take some of them but don't have the time, you can select get test, buy and then they will email you a link to take the test within 90 days. So... you can really take them longer than April 4th...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.