RD connection from an XP machine to a Millenium Machine

Thread: RD connection from an XP machine to a Millenium Machine

RD connection from an XP machine to a Millenium Machine

Here's my new problem. I have a lap top running Windows Millenium edition and am trying to set it up for remote desktop connection. I want to connect to the lap top via another machine running windows XP. However, i am unable to locate the Remote Desktop features for the millenium machine.....Where are these features located at? Is this even possible with millenium?

TheRouter
    Life is like an incessant series of problems, all difficult, with brutal choices, and a time limit. The worst thing you can do is to make no choice, waiting for the ideal conclusion to present itself. The conclusion has to come from yourself. A formed idea that you know the difference between right an wrong.

Millenium does not have these features. Win2k server has this for admin, and XP pro does. If you need to remotely access it you might want to look into VNC.

Its not possible with ME. you can install the client so you can remote to another computer from the ME machine, but you can connect to the ME machine. Id use something like VNC or TightVNC for remote operation of the box. but if its a laptop you can carry it around lol
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Hey thanks guys, I looked at both VNC and TightVNC. And found that TightVNC better suited my needs, now I working great! Thanks alot, dont know what i'd do without you gurus around!

TheRouter
    Life is like an incessant series of problems, all difficult, with brutal choices, and a time limit. The worst thing you can do is to make no choice, waiting for the ideal conclusion to present itself. The conclusion has to come from yourself. A formed idea that you know the difference between right an wrong.