Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiPoints System

AntiPoints System

It has come to my attention that what was once the sole, AntiOnline AntiPoints system has been either sold, traded, or compromised. Not the point system on AO itself, but several forum systems have the exact same points system, ex: colors of dots, "You must spread your "reputation" points around before assigning them to xxx again," I approve, I dissapprove, and many more. I will not give an example site for fear of that site being shut down, as it is one I frequent. However, has the AntiPoints system been sold, or did JP always allow the source code to be spread across the internet?

You can actually download this add-on to the forums, dunno where but albn (Jack) did try things out with it. so i dont think there are any copyright violations here. JP just modified the system a bit.
    O.G at A.O

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    If you search through JP's posts, you will find where he says that he COPIED the AP idea from elsewhere
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

the AP idea is based on an open soucre BB system IIRC.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

the AP system is based on(or IS) the vBulletin Karma hack, a simple dirty karma hack that has been improved and customized over time.

the Karma hack is still available out there though its not free, free versions have been made for phpBB and most other famous forums, I even made one myself...it ain't hard

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Here you go Noia...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archi...p/t-40553.html
    vBulletin.org Forum - Karma Hack v 2.0

Redeem for what?...

User can redeem items when they have enough karma points.
    Eg

T3h Ch3F

Re: AntiPoints System

Originally posted here by pinkocommie
    It has come to my attention that what was once the sole, AntiOnline AntiPoints system has been either sold, traded, or compromised. Not the point system on AO itself, but several forum systems have the exact same points system, ex: colors of dots, "You must spread your "reputation" points around before assigning them to xxx again," I approve, I dissapprove, and many more. I will not give an example site for fear of that site being shut down, as it is one I frequent. However, has the AntiPoints system been sold, or did JP always allow the source code to be spread across the internet?

Pinko.

Welcome to AO!

Can you link us to the sites in question?

Thanks.

Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

if im not mistaken before jup media took over there was a link to the open souce code JP based AO off on the botton of the page.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by XTC46
    if im not mistaken before jup media took over there was a link to the open souce code JP based AO off on the botton of the page.

XTC, I do remember the link to the code, and if I am not mistaken the Algorithms, were developed and modified, over a period of several years. whether or not this aspect of the system was public is a mystery to me. I would assume it was/is as we would of heard about this issue before now.

P:

Nicolas
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

Happy Easter Eg~

Redeem for what?...
    The idea was you could get coffee mugs, T-shirts, lunch boxes not to mention the infamous "AO decoder ring"

Nothing ever came of it AFAIK.