Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Is this murder or what?

Also - on the Schiavo case(s) - I think the media coverage will go on-on-and-on for another 3-6 months, with more Government becoming a part of our lives, and more living wills being created

I doubt it. The media has the Pope to play with now. We might have to hear about the autopsy and the battle over her remains. Give it a week, it'll be over.

I do believe the biggest issue at hand in this whole thing has been overlooked in this thread... Did anyone notice the fact that congress COMPLETLY overstepped it's bounds and basically gave the constitution the finger by ordering it back into the courts? We are a nation of laws, and whether or not you believe she should live or die doesn't matter, it was Michael's decision to make, whether we like it or not. That's the way it should've stayed, but it didn't. People began to feel sypathetic for one simple person... I'd like to see the stats on how many people in africa starved to death while all this money from the media was going into this crap... Will the world ever learn to help those truly in need?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Congress did exactly the right thing, by leaving this a state issue. Unlike other so called "republicans" who act like liberals by seeking confort in the federal government and court system, I side on state rights. I side on family. Congress overstepped their bounds by intervening at all!! The alternative was for congress to make a new law instead of shifting the interpretation back to the courts. BAD IDEA. That's what liberals do to overstep and coral democracy. Yep bad idea, Especially when every one says, you know I would want to die but I am going to force this dude to do something I would not do. If it were my wife I would end her life, but this guy needs to keep her alive. It's making me crazy, it's like the liberals saying "I support the war, just not the way we went about it." BAH! MY HEAD.

As for the pope, he now has suffered some heart failure. They issued his last rights last night. I dig the pope, always have. It's sad and ironic that his own health comes up during the same time as Terri. He already has mechanical assistance and his body will continue to deteriorate. Good thing for him, he declared some things that the catholic faith follows. That is if he drops into a state of medical assistance for anything other than food and water, he has passed on. Hmm food and water, that rings a bell...
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by The Grunt
    I do believe the biggest issue at hand in this whole thing has been overlooked in this thread... Did anyone notice the fact that congress COMPLETLY overstepped it's bounds and basically gave the constitution the finger by ordering it back into the courts? We are a nation of laws, and whether or not you believe she should live or die doesn't matter, it was Michael's decision to make, whether we like it or not. That's the way it should've stayed, but it didn't. People began to feel sypathetic for one simple person... I'd like to see the stats on how many people in africa starved to death while all this money from the media was going into this crap... Will the world ever learn to help those truly in need?
    Good Point but there is a big loophole. Comma......Space......Long Pause..........
    If the President and Congress had only listened to and deferred to the state courts throughout history; Slavery would be still be leagle, Weomen would not be allowed to vote, there would be a United States and a Confederate Union claiming soil on North America, etc...... As for helping people truly in need, I would call an invalid who is being starved to death by their spouse and cannot voice their support or opposition to the situation, to be a person truly in need. The Liberals in this country have loudly called for investigations into all levels of the Bush Cabinent at every opportunity since bush has been in office. These calls for investigations were based upon allegations without any concrete fact. When confronted with this fact, our Democratic friends on Capitol Hill more or less said that the "Seriousness of the allegations warrants an investigation, regardless of the lack of any burdon of proof." MY point is that if "attempted murder" is not enough of an allegation to warrant an investigation to protect one unable to protect themselves, then what allegation would be enough?

This woman deserved intervention to review available evidence. If, after being reviewed and looking at all the evidence available, the courts determined that Mrs. Schaivo should die, then Mr. Schaivo should at least have the decency to move his wife to Oregon where it is leagle to euthanize, and end her life with a drug overdose, as opposed to starving any living thing to death.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

All evidence was reviewed, by state courts. This case has been going on in the Florida Court System for 7 freakin' years. All of the "new" doctors introduced were doctors who stepped in to milk the limelight and Terri's family was unfortunately naive enough not to realize it. The Federal Court System simply chose not to get involved in a state case, despite Congress's inappropriate intervention allowing them to do so.

As for going to Oregon? At what cost to Terri's parents and siblings? That they would all have to leave their homes and stay at her bedside there, and begin new legal wranglings? And to be vilified even further in the press for taking their daughter away from them? No, staying in the state they lived and married was the right choice.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Hi Overdue Spy,

Why is it you can write words like: intervention, Confederate, investigations, opportunity, deferred, determined ... but can't spell Weomen ( women ), or leagle ( legal ) ?

Sorry...just a stupid observation on April Fool's Day...no offense intended!

Eg

********** |ceWriterguy
    One last comment and I'll quit posting to this thread. Before he takes it down, go check the April 1 edition of

www.Maddox.xmission.com

Understand he's not making fun of Terri, he's making fun of all the idiots talking about her... amazing how the donate link leads to *his* paypal too :P
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Originally posted here by Egaladeist
    Hi Overdue Spy,

Why is it you can write words like: intervention, Confederate, investigations, opportunity, deferred, determined ... but can't spell Weomen ( women ), or leagle ( legal ) ?

Sorry...just a stupid observation on April Fool's Day...no offense intended!

Eg
    LOL OK you got me Egaladeist. I am going to come out of the closet and admit that I have a slight problem with Lexdexya!!!! If you look at some of my other posts you may see that I typically spell maybe wrong.....MABEY....AAARGH!!!! I don't know if it is more frustrating for you to read it or for me to learn about it. No offense taken since it is ture. Not to mention that it really is my B-day also. No APF joke either.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to pay better attention.

Debwalin - It is not true that "ALL" of the evidence has been looked at. As for doctors stepping in, why can they not be right and the previous doctors wrong. I guess we should ignore advancements of medical understandings and achievements? We should also stop stem cell, cancer, and parkinsons research, because someone might benefit from the research and might actually be cured as a result. Everyone knows that homeless people really do not want a job, so we should close down all of the soup kitchens and safe houses.

I just don't understand how our courts can condone killing a defenseless individual when the individuals desire is in serious doubt. Didn't we learn from the Nuerenburg trials that killing an unarmed soldier, or starving to death a defenseless jewish prisoner in a concentration camp was illegal, regardless of the fact that the German courts at the time had declared the practice legal? So why is the US courts legalizing the same. If there was a living will or a number of other individuals that had come forth and endorsed Mr. Schaivo's claim, I would not have as much of a problem with the whole situation. I still wouldn't like the starvation part, but I would respect the individuals wishes.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Overduespy, before the final decision was made to remove her feeding tube on March 18th, there were 5 doctors who examined her. 2 from the Schindlers side, who agreed with them (big surprise) 2 from the Schiavo's side, who agreed with him (big surprise again) and 1 state appointed doctor. The state appointed doctor, who had no personal interest in this case, said that she had no chance of recovery, not even with therapy, that she was, and had been, completely brain-dead for 15 years, and that all of the reactions that she had were strictly base level reactions, they indicated nothing more than core reactions, and that, although he could understand that the Schindlers would hold out hope, because they needed and wanted to, there was no hope there. That is good enough for me. They had all kinds of doctors spouting off about how she was in a minimally conscious state, not PVS, and even one jackass who said he could cure her if he was just allowed to treat her (why isn't his guy curing all people in this condition then?) and if it had been allowed to continue, there would have been just as many differing opinions. I say wait for the autopsy results...they will show if she was abused, if she did this to herself thru (as I'm so glad someone finally pointed out on the Maddox site) a self-induced need to be thin without working for it, and if she was able to be rehabilitated.

IMO, the thing that people are forgetting is that hundreds, probably thousands of elderly people die this way every year in the US. If we're going to change the standards of health-care to allow euthanasia for Terri, then it's going to affect all of those people too. Euthanasia frightens me, because to me, that is the "slippery slope" that so many people have been mouthing off about the last 2 weeks.

And I just blamed your quirky spelling on the fact that you're from Georgia.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

If the President and Congress had only listened to and deferred to the state courts throughout history; Slavery would be still be leagle, Weomen would not be allowed to vote, there would be a United States and a Confederate Union claiming soil on North America, etc......
    Gonrats, you just made the key argument to homosexual marriage.

Rebublicans have a hard time rationalizing science when it doesn't fit their agenda.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.