Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this murder or what?

I know here the CBC has mentioned the fact that Michael was offered $10 million by Terri's parents to walk away from it all -- and he turned them down.
    I would put the wires on him for $5m and a six pack

********** |ceWriterguy
    I PM'd deb about this - If demand is high enough, I can ask Mrs |ce to draft up a 'fill in the blank' style living will that you can use, if you so desire, and post it here.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Custom User
    Just to make a point clear (in case other people reading this didn't notice), Terri has been on a tube for 15 years (or in a similar state, anyhow). It's not like her husband suddenly decided to get another woman and is trying to get at Terri's money. In fact, from another post (I think anyhow), he didn't start seeing his present gf until 5 years after Terri suffered brain damage. Does this strike you as the sort of guy that doesn't care about Terri?

ac

Does this strike you as the sort of guy that doesn't care about Terri?
    In a word "yes"...................

This young lady has been living for 15 years so what was the big deal about letting her continue? The family testified they would and could take full financial responsibility.

“What, was the husband afraid she might wake up and tell what really happened to her?”

Connection refused, try again later.

Oh ...............I forgot the bollix for my pagan jockstrap friend

" To have and to hold, in sickness and in health"....................

Only 5 years and he found himself a new girlfriend?............well she is one sick money grubbing bitch..................has he lost the instruction manual on how to wank?

Disgusting!

I PM'd deb about this - If demand is high enough, I can ask Mrs |ce to draft up a 'fill in the blank' style living will that you can use, if you so desire, and post it here.

Hah!....................I have this plot............it only a few yards from where my parents are buried..........it depends upon which of us die first as to who gets to be on top?

Custom User
    I never said that he loved her :P If she really didn't want to go on living like this, it doesn't mean that he doesn't care about her. And it's debatable whether she's still the same person that he married. Isn't marriage meant to be more a spiritual than a physical thing? (obviously not something that anyone could definitively prove, however).

I would think that there was something dodgy going on if he wanted to get rid of Terri as soon as she became brain-damaged, but 15 years...That's enough time to at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

This young lady has been living for 15 years so what was the big deal about letting her continue? The family testified they would and could take full financial responsibility.
    The point is that she may not wish to continue living. If I am understanding the issue correctly, the husband said that Terri did not wish to live in a "vegetable state". The family dispute that this is how she is. Someone else earlier on made the point that it might be less than enjoyable to lie in a room staring at the wall with a tube feeding you for 15 years. Even if you were taken out places, etc. would you really want to live unable to do anything for yourself? I don't want you to think that I am saying the above is all true or anything, it's just my speculation...

ac

Laws are not written in stone. They are changed everyday . Many cases have gone to court which ended in a modification of such laws or implementation of existing ones which were done to fit the differences in situations. There are books out there on the subject. There are hundreds of laws that were stablished out of a judge's ruling which when first presented in court were at a debatable stage.
    I don't understand some of the legalities of marriage in the United States. For example, in other countries if a husband and wife have been living separately for a certain amount of time, the marriage is no longer valid. Now specially in this case, where the spouse has been with somebody else for x amount of YEARS, I don't see how this should be recognized as a valid marriage still. I don't think that this man has any saying on her life at this point anymore. They are deciding the life or death of a human being based on her "husband's" statement which for one, has no other witness to back it up, two, allegedly took place 15 years ago and three, no longer considers her his wife. Now I don't know how you think, but my opinions 15 years ago on many subjects have changed. An old woman once told me on her dying bed that life was too sweet to let go. She realized it when she had no other chance of living. "Forcing " someone to live when they wanna die is better the killing someone who wants to live. Think about it.

So far I've kept out of this conversation...like I said in another thread in reply to gore's statements of losing his uncle...I've watched two family members before they were even middle-aged languish in the hospital both suffering from brain tumors which resulted in both dying...but for two years in both cases I watched as they went from very beautiful women to something you see on the six-o'clock news...or in the Dawn of the Dead movies...
    I realize that people want to hold on to hope and not let go of the people they love...hoping a cure or a miracle will be right around the corner...
    but I have a somewhat different opinion of death...and I don't believe it's a bad thing that should be avoided at all costs...in fact I don't think it's bad at all...just the opposite in fact...it's a good thing that is incredibly misunderstood.
    Regardless of the motives of her family ( husband/parents ) , regardless of the decision of the judges or the opinions of others...it is never a bad thing to die...it is only a question of how one dies...I think it's cruel to let her wither away a slow death when it could be ended quickly...if it has been decided to let her die...then kill her and get it over with.