Live CD review

Thread: Live CD review

Live CD review

Hey all,
    Iím doing some testing with some live CDs and plan on writing some reviews for the ones that I work with and like. So far I am using Auditor, FIRE, WinPE, Gentoo live CD, and a few others. Ill have the reviews up when I finish with them, but in the mean time if there are any Live CDs you would like me to review or think are worth using leave a reply and ill see if I can get to them. Iím looking specifically for data recovery, security auditing, and virus/malware cleaning ability. Also just really cool stuff lol.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

Hey XTC46,

I have just started using Slackware Linux live CD {Renamed to SLAX)... It is pretty cool.
    If you take my advice you will review it.

\"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

The Knoppix Live Security CD is in your plans, right?

Also you trying out the NIST toolkit CD too?
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

Pacific Northwest

Well, I have a several of them and SuSE 9.1 Live Eval is on top followed closely by Knoppix.

But to getter done, "Knoppix". You can make your own as well.

Connection refused, try again later.

I am looking forward to the new version of Knoppix-STD. Nice one to play with and learn.

Hi All,

The above link has lists of live distro's especially related to security and forensics.

Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

How about Ubuntu Linux Live CD
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

Well ... I really think Whoppix is the best security based live cd !!!. It comes with a lot of stuffs from
    flash animations to a huge collection of exploits. Its got all the tools from netcat to nessus. Security
    enthusiasts wouldn't wanna miss this live cd !