Yupper-roo! I hadn't thought anyone would WANT a unit like these, but I have found several.
A little more background I picked up from a friend that works a local hospital where I use to consult. He says that he has a bunch of the same units, they were mostly sold to the medical field, and yes they work in a master/slave combo. I guess they were designed to be used as repeater points more then stand alone APs. Each master assigns a unique number to the units, and the WEP/SSID is handled by the main station (which isn't wireless from what i understand (LOL)) He also mentioned that a lot of the time they came pre configured, Master/slave/Tablet with WiFi for roving nursing stations, and all you had to do was plug them in. All the security SSID, Mac Filtering, WEP was managed REMOTELY by the supplier. Interesting turn key solution. His guess was that someone bought up a bunch from a hospital or doc-in-the-box that closed and sold them not as a lot, but one at a time. Makes me wonder how many more are out there configure this way that I might netstumble into

The idea of running it directly into the SoHo3 and using radius is great! Some reconfiguring to do, but at least it can be locked down. )