Thread: WMAV File Extract

WMAV File Extract

Hey i'm trying to extract the sound from a Windows Media Audio/Video FIle, i tried it with Cool Edit Pro ( i used it to extract sound from all other movie file types), but when i open this file with it, it freezes, is there another program that i can use to extract the sound from the wmv file ?
    O.G at A.O

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Hey ©opy®ight,

I use Audacity for such things. It is the best program I found for recording and its' free. . Just play the movie and record at the same time. It has split, cut, and various other options.

Download site for Audacity:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

kurt

All i get is a screeching sound when i play the file.
    O.G at A.O

edit

Are you opening the file with Audacity? You can not open the file up and play it, not that kind of program. You have to have your source (a movie file, streaming audio, radio, DVD, or whatever you want audio from), play the source and then record it with Audacity. The red button in the middle is the record button, yellow square is the stop.

Make sure you have the "stereo mix" selected to record something playing on your computer.

kurt

Is it gonna be good quality ? Ok i'll try that later, great now i have to reinstall Audacity !
    O.G at A.O

Yes, but one suggestion: turn up the volume. Not to the point where your ears bleed but louder then normal. For some reason the volume level it records at is lower then what it was actually, at least on my computer.

Good luck,

kurt