Free BSD Mall

Thread: Free BSD Mall

Free BSD Mall

My order just got here a little bit ago!

http://www.freebsdmall.com

I ordered the Free BSD boxers, the Free BSD Tee shirt (White logo with Beastie on the back and Free BSD on the front) and 4 sheets of Free BSD stickers.

I paid extra for the 2nd day air delivery on Thursday, and I got them today, Monday. Which is about right considering Good Friday and Easter were this weekend. For sure going to be ordering more as soon as I can, but I wanted to make a post that if you wanbt cool Free BSD stuff, order from here, I now know they are reliable, and deliver on time..

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Hi gore,

Good post but there's one thing I don't get...

FreeBSD PowerPak $ 99.95
    if it's free then why does it cost $ 99.95 ?

or is the price there just to let you know what it would cost you if they decided to charge you for it ?

Eg

The Power Pack..... Dude IT'S WORTH IT BUY IT!

when I first started using something other than Windows 95, I bought the Free BSD power pack from Best Buy (They actually have cool things like this at the store near my area once in a while) and I to this day have it. The power pack comes with Free BSD on 4 CD-Roms, and 6 CDs of tools. And of course it has the book "The Complete Free BSD" which is one of the best books ever written on UNIX / BSD. It's around 1000 pages or so (Small text too) and for someone who wants to REALLY know Free BSD, they should buy it. The CDs have everything, the book goes from first install through to setting up servers and even history.

It's well worth it. Or maybe it's the fact I pay for Windows that has me used to the price lol. But really, the book alone is worth that price.

The 99 dollars I think is more than fair.

You could of course just download Free BSD and all those apps, and you could find online manuals, but when you buy you help, and you have it on a book.

So no, 99 dollars isn't how they could charge you, because BSD/OS which was made form the same source as Free BSD costs much much more.

Heh, some of the old timers here can tell you, getting a UNIX OS with X Windows back in the 80s was more than 5,000 in cash. That's a lot of money for what we take as free now.

So in other words, buy it, you'll love it and learna lot. I've spent that much on books alone

http://www.freebsdmall.com

http://www.freebsd.org

Just Another Geek
    I'll second that. The book alone is worth the $99.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.