Thread: Building blades and a blade server?

Building blades and a blade server?

I am thinking about building a blade server and some blades, but I am confused on building blades. Does anyone have any experience on the matter or know any books?
    http://www.planet-smilies.de/teufel/teufel_017.gif
    My name is Draxx...you simians may refer to me merely as \'sir\' for a less syllable-intensive workout.

Just Another Geek
    Don't get me wrong but you seem totally clueless as to what a bladeserver is and what it's used for. I looked at a few other posts made by you. Especially this post. Did you miss SDK's post? He wasn't kidding when he asked if you had $50.000 to spare.

Build a plane old PC and be done with it. Anything more is just a waste of money. Hell, if you've got that much money to spend why not build 2 PC's and network them. Use one for your programming/games and the other as a fileserver/webserver/whatever.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I answer once and I'll not again! SirDice did a marvelous job of answering you!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hey Draxx,

What would you want a blade server for? It seems a bit exotic (and expensive) for a private individual?

I could be wrong, but I tend to associate them with a clustering type of technology and with one application per blade. I think that might be a bit cumbersome in a SOHO/domestic environment?.