Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting into sites that are blocked by LAN

Cool getting into sites that are blocked by LAN

Some one please help me to get around the blocks placed on certain sites by my LAN. I work for the school system and obviously they have everything blocked for security so that students can not access email or chat sites. I simply need to check my yahoo email acct. daily from work. Last year we had students who could "proxy" or go to a site that would proxy them into any site they wished to visit. Please help!

AOs Resident Troll
    go to your system admin and ask REALLY nicely....

And maybe ...because you are not a student that you would be allowed to access your yahoo account

As for circumventing the security measures put in place to protect your LAN...being an employee..you may want to rethink that...cause if you get caught trying to get around the AUP....you may be looking for a job....really soon..

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

If you have a valid "need" to check your yahoo account, talk to the admins of the network and see where that gets you. Its their network, and if they have blocked it that means they don't want people going there.

I have a "need" to watch HBO, but bypassing the cable companies scrambling is still a bad idea.

Not to be mean but didn't you learn your lesson the last time you asked for help on an end around (aka the 'Spying Spouse Fiasco')?

Plus no need to double post.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=267229

Perhaps you may benefit from Valhallen's post

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=267187
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Don't compromise your LAN....................get yourself a laptop and use dial-up or get your Admins to set up a dial-up connection on an old non-network connected box.

Yahoo e-mail isn't rocket science, so that will be plenty good enough.

blocked sites

WELL getting into HBO that is blocked is illegal! Our It gave us a site to proxy around for this type thing a couple of years ago. NO one seems to remember what it is. THe one and only it we have is a good friend of mine. In order for him to let me in he has to unblock yahoo for the entire county. This would allow students to view yahoo personals and emails and use yahoo messenger. There is simply a way this can be done from my local computer and not wreck such havok. That is why I asked. So NO YOU do not need to bypass the cable company into hbo that is highly illegal. What in the hell did that have to do with this anyway?

AOs Resident Troll
    Maybe the technologies changed in the last coupla years and they can unblock you...

I would take NIHILs suggestion and get adialup account..

Did you try and talk to the sys admin???

What did they say????

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

I worked for the board of education for a short while in my state and Know that for the most part they cant fill requests like this. the filters are set before the net even hits the schools computers. What I would suggest is you forward your yahoo mail to your board of education account.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

THe one and only it we have is a good friend of mine. In order for him to let me in he has to unblock yahoo for the entire county. This would allow students to view yahoo personals and emails and use yahoo messenger. There is simply a way this can be done from my local computer and not wreck such havok.
    What part don't you get? Your friend doesn't want you to do it so why put your friend in an awkward position???
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

talkin as we speak

I have been talkin to them as we speak. there is no way for dial up because there are no phone lines in classrooms . It cost the system or me $300 for a network box. He says there is no way to unblock me with out unblocking all. He is trying to find the old proxy site also. I gave him access to this site. But, gees, he will prob. as I do just get blown out for asking! But thank you for your help.