Favorite Threads

Thread: Favorite Threads

Favorite Threads

I've brought a similar suggestion up before and got shotdown, but this time I'm gonna make a convincing case.

I know I for one could REALLY use a favorite threads section. There are some threads that are unusually chock full of useful information and that I will refer back to many times for months to come. I can subscribe, but it'll just fall to the wee bottom of the subscription list as I add threads. If I could add it to a "favorites" list, it'd be right there whenever I needed it instead of having to go searching for the darn thread every single time I needed to refer to it.

What do you think?

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    I would like to be able to refer back to some threads also...sometimes I go looking for a thread and it's no longer listed on the profile page and I don't remember the name or where it was located ( old age ya know ) and I don't feel like spending an hour looking for it...

but I saw a place on the main page that says bookmarks...can we bookmark these pages here....I'm not sure how it works? I bookmark some pages with my browser already but I'd prefer not to load it up.

All-in-all I think it's a good idea.

Eg

I also think it sounds like a great idea, and I can't think of any reason not to implement something like this.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Flash M0nkey

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

AO BOFH: Luser Abuser BModeratorFH gore's Avatar
    BOFH love.
    Kill the lights, let the candles burn behind the pumpkins’ mischievous grins, and let the skeletons dance. For one thing is certain, The Misfits have returned and once again everyday is Halloween.The Misfits FreeBSD
    Cannibal Holocaust
    SuSE Linux
    Slackware Linux

Val, I know, but my point was:

I can subscribe, but it'll just fall to the wee bottom of the subscription list as I add threads.
    I'm subscribed to a LOT of threads for good reason, but if I have to find one specific, I've got some digging to do.

I dunno, just seemed like a handy idea. I think it would considerably with those of us who actually use AO as a research tool.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I'm positive about this idea!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    It would be a cool option...but why not just add the thread to your bookmarks / favorites on your own computer?

Edit:

Actually, why not just use the bookmark feature on the left-hand side of the page. It works just fine.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

It would be a cool option...but why not just add the thread to your bookmarks / favorites on your own computer?
    Oooooh...Why didn't I think of that? Good idea!