Thread: Favorite Threads

Favorite Threads

I've brought a similar suggestion up before and got shotdown, but this time I'm gonna make a convincing case.

I know I for one could REALLY use a favorite threads section. There are some threads that are unusually chock full of useful information and that I will refer back to many times for months to come. I can subscribe, but it'll just fall to the wee bottom of the subscription list as I add threads. If I could add it to a "favorites" list, it'd be right there whenever I needed it instead of having to go searching for the darn thread every single time I needed to refer to it.

What do you think?

I would like to be able to refer back to some threads also...sometimes I go looking for a thread and it's no longer listed on the profile page and I don't remember the name or where it was located ( old age ya know ) and I don't feel like spending an hour looking for it...

but I saw a place on the main page that says bookmarks...can we bookmark these pages here....I'm not sure how it works? I bookmark some pages with my browser already but I'd prefer not to load it up.

All-in-all I think it's a good idea.

Eg

I also think it sounds like a great idea, and I can't think of any reason not to implement something like this.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

BOFH love.

Val, I know, but my point was:

I can subscribe, but it'll just fall to the wee bottom of the subscription list as I add threads.
    I'm subscribed to a LOT of threads for good reason, but if I have to find one specific, I've got some digging to do.

I dunno, just seemed like a handy idea. I think it would considerably with those of us who actually use AO as a research tool.

AO French Antique News Whore
    I'm positive about this idea!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    It would be a cool option...but why not just add the thread to your bookmarks / favorites on your own computer?

Edit:

Actually, why not just use the bookmark feature on the left-hand side of the page. It works just fine.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

It would be a cool option...but why not just add the thread to your bookmarks / favorites on your own computer?
    Oooooh...Why didn't I think of that? Good idea!