Byte the cookie....

Thread: Byte the cookie....

Byte the cookie....

No one can deny the fact that technology is out there to constantly improve the standards of living and keep improving upon itself to no limit. Software for example, we keep getting better versions of the same package with some new features added into it, with more ease of use and feature rich ...uh...features. But why do you think this does not apply to other things in industry? Take for example, say, a cookie (the one you can eat!). When you bite into it, the crumbs fall all over your dress. Now if the cookie were a software application, IMO the developers would spend lots of endless days and nights improving on the cookie so that it doesn't crumble anymore when you bite into it. Then they'll patent their technology and sell it as "Cookie v1.1" which is a definite improvement over the Cookie v1.0. What is it about the tech industry that keeps people from being satisfied with what they have? Why is it only limited to technology and software? Why is it that people are quite satisfied eating the same Cookie, crumbling with every bite, for years, but they need a more improved and feature rich version of the playstation2 they bought just a year back?

Sorry folks, just a passing thought. Maybe I should give my computer a rest for a couple of days.
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

Money, if we kept the same software how would companies make money ? eventually everybody would have the product and nobody would but it anymore !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

********** |ceWriterguy
    /me still waits on the new Oreo 8.2
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Money is always a driving force. But in the tech industry,

competition => Better product

In the traditional industries,

competition => Better Ads
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

Take for example, say, a cookie (the one you can eat!). When you bite into it, the crumbs fall all over your dress
    Errr, no they don't..................are you sure it isn't 妯py展ght you are thinking about?

..................most of us round here wear pants

crumbs fall all over your dress
    not my dress sweetie.... I prefer slacks

(dambed you Nihil..beat me to it)

BTW: A lot of people stick with their v1.0 software for as long as possable.. very few of the business I work with are willing to pay the upgrade prices with each annual upgrade.. they will hold on to the bitter end.. refraining from the upgrade treadmill will save them enough to justify extra tech support, longer update subscription or better quality or extra terminals..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

I actually like how the cookie crumbles.

If everything was like the tech industry we would live in a stale perfect existence where nothing matters apart from stuff we dont like/does not function correctly/is not efficient enough > we get rid of.

that would suck.
    IMO...