Popup

Thread: Popup

Popup

I seem to be having a problem with the windows that popup on AO. Before you start flaming, let me explain...

I though it was the computer I was on for a short while, but the laptop is doing it to. If i try to give points, pull up the buddy list, or anything else that launches a java window closes as it opens.

The thing is, there is no popup blocker. I don't feel the need for anything like that. I have a few programs that might be the problem, as follows:
    Bit Defender 8 Pro Plus
    Sygate Firewall Pro 5.5
    Ad-Aware/Watch SE Pro Build 1.04
    All of these are ran on WinXP

Any one got any ideas what might be doing it? I have searched all the settings on everything I can think of and have found nothing. I have even made sure to have all the latest java console/enviroments. Im completely at a loss at this point.

********** |ceWriterguy
    This isn't really a fix, but try FireFox for a little while. See if you like it and if it fixes the problem - it's the best solution for getting around the much dreaded MSIE.

www.mozilla.org/products/firefox
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Ill check it out tomarrow and see how it fairs, maybe later if I get done writing my grand essay..... I take that you have used it for a while now, so i got a questions, are there many known knacks, bugs, or security issues that I might need to be prepared for?

I see that you are using the commercial version of AdAware SE. Have you checked its settings to make sure that it is not blocking pop-ups by default.

Is that Win XP SP2? I seem to recall that has some kind of pop-up blocking capability?

Is your Java the latest from Sun?

OK, here is the deal, I turned off the popup blocker in Windows which is fully updated with the SP2. Java is fully upgraded/dated...
    However, someone (my girlfriend) turned on the ad-aware 'block popups aggressivly'. It seems to be working for now, so i don't know. Im thinking my settings might be a little messed up on ADSE also, it won't load with the skin i load. Ill have to dig into it.

Big thanks for getting me to check it all again.