chips that read minds

Thread: chips that read minds

chips that read minds

There's a hand lying on the blanket on Matt Nagle's desk and he's staring at it intently, thinking "Close, close," as the scientists gathered around him look on. To their delight, the hand twitches and its outstretched fingers close around the open palm, clenching to a fist.

In that moment, Nagle made history. Paralysed from the neck down after a vicious knife attack four years ago, he is the first person to have controlled an artificial limb using a device chronically implanted into his brain.

Full story here
    implantation....very crude. it shouldn't be too long before this can be done externally and available to all. combined with robotics...dangerous work made safe. can you imagine the new gaming systems!?!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Why the duplicate post??
    Beta tester of "0"s and "1"s"

yeh wots the go..?

other thread:

bouncing Enter Key is the most likely... it happens some times in posts.. I thought it was becasue the user had hit the submitt button a second time due to being impatient, or due to a lingering bug in the BBS software.. either Tedob1 will delete the thread or Neg/MsM will close it..

simple solution.. but if tedob1 was a newbie how would he have faired?...
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me

No, I don't think so. See, the other thread was posted yesterday at approximately the same time (two minutes difference actually).

Peace always,
    Always listen to experts. They\'ll tell you what can\'t be done and why. Then go and do it. -- Robert Heinlein
    I\'m basically a very lazy person who likes to get credit for things other people actually do. -- Linus Torvalds