gmail's april fools day joke ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gmail's april fools day joke ?

gmail's april fools day joke ?

Anyone who has gmail.

Watch your mail box size at the botom of the screen its a bit bigger then normal right ?

Now come back 5 mins later. See whats happening.

:P
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?
    Share on Google+

mmm dunno.. I noticed what you mentioned.. then went into new features:

Just launched!

G is for growth
    Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

We're not in the plains anymore
    Fonts, bullets and highlighting, oh my! Gmail now offers rich text formatting. And over 60 colors of the rainbow. Discover a land of more than just black and white. Learn more
    Now it could be an April 1st joke.. but I found a message pointing to it on another forum dated March 31st.. my time ..
    So I suspect not.. but will reserve my comments untill late on the 2th..oops 2nd..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr
    Share on Google+

Code:
    The counter started at midnight (EST), April 1st with the value of 1000 megabytes and will run until 6AM (EST), April 2nd, and will end with an value of "over 2000 megabytes of storage".

var START = 1112331600000;
        var END = 1112439600000;

function updateQuota() {
        if (!quota) {
        return;
        }

var now = (new Date()).getTime();
        if (now < START) {
        setTimeout(updateQuota, 1000);
        } else if (now > END) {
        quota.innerHTML = 'Over 2000';
        } else {
        quota.innerHTML = format(((now - START)/(END - START)*1025) + 1025);
        setTimeout(updateQuota, 50);
        }
        }
    http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=144495&cid=12108563
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.
    Share on Google+

Yeah it is getting more and more storage....
    Am really impressed!.. That is really nice... Now you can write with colors and change text size and fonts.. and many nice things....

A question pose itself.... What am I supposed to do with all that space????? LOL.......

http://www.google.com/gmail/help/whatsnew.html

Hope you a very Gmail Day.....
    Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster
    Share on Google+

For me the box size is increasing at about 8 MB per minute or something but the rich text formatting is really good
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767
    Share on Google+

Set your computer clock to the 2nd, and you should already have the supposed 2 gigs
    \"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.\"
    - Charles Darwin
    Share on Google+

has been the 2nd here for over 16hrs.. currently my limit is at 1883Mb.. it must be almost the 2nd at GHQ..

if it is a joke.. im caught
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr
    Share on Google+

You are currently using 88 MB (4%) of your 2009 MB.

Are they going over 2 Gigs or ar they counting the correct way and going to 2048 MB's ?
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...
    Share on Google+

2050 now..

Dunno.. could be they just keep on adding
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !
    Share on Google+

I've heard that google has (*gasp*!) doubled its size for a total of 2000 Megs of space(!); has anyone else heard this or am I being mislead (again)?
    http://www.planet-smilies.de/teufel/teufel_017.gif
    My name is Draxx...you simians may refer to me merely as \'sir\' for a less syllable-intensive workout.
    Share on Google+