Thread: wireless router

wireless router

I'm currently thinking about buying a wireless router, and since i have no experience with this type of stuff I was wondering what the people of antionline recommend. I'm not sure if my operating system matters but I’m running windows xp home, and my wireless card is dell wireless WLAN 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card. Thanks for any advice anyone is able to provide.

My recomendation:

Go to Walmart, spend $40 on Linksys Wireless router.

Do you want 802.11B or G? .11 being 11Mbps and G being 54Mbps.

Are you planning on sendign files back and forth over your wirless network or just using it for internet sharing?
    =

I'm currently thinking about buying D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G DI-624 Wireless Router. I'm mostly going to use the router for internet connection but I still want the ability to be able to network. From reading reviews it seems like this D-Link router is a good buy. Has anyone used this router or suggest a better one. I'm new to this wireless stuff so any advice will be helpful. O yeah i heard to go with the G routers since a lot of the times they are actually cheaper than the old B routers.

I've used some D-Link products before and they're decent for home use.

That router should work good for you.

Just remember to secure it.
    =

I'll NEVER EVER buy D-Link again! I've had nothing but problems since I've used them.
    Search the forums... you'll see mine and plenty of others complaints.

I recommend linksys (wrt54g with sveasoft firmware), netgear and cisco.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.