Thread: A Linux Coffee Machine

A Linux Coffee Machine

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Coffee-1.html

Has anyone here ever actually done this? I can't code Assmebler a lot... Or very well, and it's like damn it. Because this looks fun. I've read this probably 12 times but I can never get it started it seems. Just wonderin if anyone else has actually done it.

Just Another Geek
    Probably no need to use assembler, no need to create a driver either (but /dev/coffee looks cool ). It's hooked up to the parallelport. Should be easy to create a simple program that will set one bit at a predefined time. I used to use a soldering iron quite frequently in the old days.. Made a simple 8 LED board for the parallelport once. This is basicly the same idea but instead of an LED you're driving a relay. The relay is able to switch the main power of the coffeemachine..

You can use this same trick to drive 8 (or even more; 256 in theory) relays. You could use it to switch the lights on/off in your house. Maybe hook up a light sensor so the light automaticly switches on when it gets dark.. Or voice activated... Or... Ahh... Now where did I put that soldering iron and that piece of breadboard??

Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

just so you know an apple is more effective at waking you up than a coffee ...

so have i swayed anyone off drinking coffee :P

*takes a sip on his coffee*

(its true tho)

Heh, I was looking this over again and I just smiled thinking man, I could make coffee without having to do a damn thing lol.

I just got done talking to one of the SUSE security developers too!!!!! Awesome guy, we got a long good.

OK you hippie, we all know the sugars and nutrients in an Apple are more effective, but have you seen one person really care about that? Lol, hell no Coffee tastes better, and it takes to ong to OD on Apples..... Unless you mean the company, I get enough of them in 3 seconds. HAHA.

.... Damn I'm in a playful mood.

/me has shaking hands from not enough apples :\

Am totally new to the industry.. and so I want to learn... but seemed to hard for me to learn, anyways. I think there is a priority, SELinux I mean. I think it is more important than making coffee... lol

I will save a copy of it,,, hopefully, for future use....

Keep us updated

Cheers....
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster