websites that scan back?

Thread: websites that scan back?

websites that scan back?

i just encountered this. i'm on a page and i tried to make an account on a php message board. when i try to, it says that it scanned my ip address and found open ports: 23, 80, 22, 21, etc. and said that it wouldnt let me create an account cuz it suspected i was trying to create the account from a proxy because port 80 is commonly used on proxy servers, which i was: i like to stay anonymous. this was really annoying cuz the only way to stay anonymous in this situation, since it can detect when im using a proxy or shell account, is to make the account from some hacked box(i dont have any) or make it in a public place/a friends house. that's ok for this one instance i guess, but what happens when computers and bandwith get faster and all the sites out there have the ability to scan every client and decide whether they want to allow access to them or ban them if they're a proxy, etc. what happens to my anonymity?

Banned
    "Port 80 is commonly used on proxy servers"... GAAAAHHH... lucky me for not using port 80 :s

it also detected and blocked other common proxy ports: 3128, 8080... i dunno any others off the top of my head.i was going to try using a shell account and lynx to register an account, but it gave me crap because port 23 was open... also the shell server was hosting web page(port 80), so it might have been that, but it still informed me of a bunch of the ports that the server had open: 80, 23, 22, 21. i dont think it did a full scan, but it scanned for a bunch of common services.

slinky2004 can you mention me the address of the site????
    The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=767

the site is www.blizzhackers.com . if you try to create an account it scans you to make sure you're not a proxy. i just dont like the idea of a site being able to reject proxies easily and it seems like that might become popular eventually.