Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Right Click in Outlook 2003...

Can't Right Click in Outlook 2003...

Very strange occurence. I goolged "cannot right click" AND "Outlook 2003". There seems to be a few people that have ran into this problem, but I could not find any results.
    Anyone have any ideas? I can right click the start menu and other non-outlook items, but cannot right click in outlook 2003.
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

AOs Resident Troll
    Did your try to repair\reinstall?

Is this a standalone or using an Exchange server??

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

It is uses exchange server. The computer is not local, it is on a remote site so doing a reinstall would warrant a whole day's work once I leave the office.
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

AOs Resident Troll
    So how are you connecting???

NAT on the VPN

AOs Resident Troll
    I sorry..not sure what that means???

You are VPNing into your network...and then using remote desktop???

Well, I don't see what this has to do with the inability to right click,
    but, A VPN connection gives the client pc a dhcp address for our local network and there is an entry in the host file on the client that points the exchange server name to the right IP. That exchange server name is setup in the outlook profile. Outlook sees the exhcange server as if it is on the local network once the vpn is established and the client uses outlook this way instead of using POP...
    But,
    Back to my original question. The guy lost the ability to right click anything in Outlook 2003. and I cannot find the resolve. He has over 3,000 contacts in outlook an several thousand tasks and they all synchronize with a Samsung Smarphone i500, so no chance that I will reinstall outlook because I don't want to export and import all of that BS and blow away pocket mirror and chapura and idem and have to resynch with the pos phone and all that.

AOs Resident Troll
    You know...you can repair outlook....and reinstall...and if it is properly setup to the exchange server...all the data is still gonna be there....yeah it may take a little while to resync

I understand how vpn works...that wasnt my question.

If you worded you question properly in the first place...such as, the OS of the ws, that it was remote and using a vpn blah blah blah...

we could have reduced the number of posts.

I have vpns into my server , and they use outlook remotely...and I may be able to help you...

but maybe I wont....

This is the only client that uses a palm os on a smartphone that synchronizes with thousands of contacts and tasks. I know that data resides on the exchange message store, but, the synch with the phone is the killer. I would rather just find what reg key or what popup killer is stopping his right click instead of reinstalling.

AOs Resident Troll
    When he connects...with ALL those contacts...Its probably still syncing...

so if he waits till its finished

the right click will come back

MLF