My admin account disappeared

Thread: My admin account disappeared

My admin account disappeared

I did a fresh install of XP Pro, installed all the patches and configured. I used the Admin account for a couple days and ended up saving some important files into the admin folder. I later created other users; one which was an admin account and the others were restricted. Just yesterday after logging in as one of my restricted users, I went to switch to the Admin account to get some of the files I saved in it's folder but found out that my account was completely deleted.

I'm not sure what happened. My sister tried getting to my laptop by randomly guessing my password but was unsuccessful. Could something she had done caused my account to be unavailable? Was it locked out? If so, does anyone know how I can bring it back?

thanks in advance.

warriorfan808

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Deja-vu? Check out Tiger Sharks thread on Sam in search...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...&highlight=SAM
    AntiOnline - WinXP Home SAM damaged?

I figured it out. I first tried recreating the account and then it told me an account with that name already existed. So then I read in the thread about trying safemode, so I figured I'd try that. Well for some odd reason, it's been a while since I've done safemode, I pressed F5 instead of F8. I guess I'm so use to refreshing. Anyway, I pressed CNTRL ALT Delete to restart and look what pops up, the good ole Login menu. I just typed in Administrator and my password and got in. Ok now to make sure I don't any files in this account that I need before I take it out of commission hopefully for a long while.

thanks for the reply

gotta love this site, quick replys and educated posters

warriorfan808